1,262 Reviews
 (1,051)

5.0 out of 5 stars A comment on the product
While a Lord of the Rings fanatic myself, I don't see a reason to write an extensive commentary on the trilogy. If you want a review on the book there are more than sufficient amounts of widely varied opinions below my own that should satiate one's curiosity as to the virtues (or lack thereof) of Tolkien's most acclaimed work.

I feel it more important to note...
Published on Oct. 11 2006 by S. Peters

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but *not* leather binding
Only an balrog could object to an revised 50th anniversary edition, with corrections beyond those in the the standard revised version. BUT...

This edition is *not* "leather bound:" it's a less-than-ordinary hardcover binding with paper-thin faux-leather glued over paper boards. The bookmark ribbon breaks the binding. Signatures are glued rather than sewn...
Published on Feb. 9 2010 by mcewin

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius Book Reviews - Novel Review, Dec 11 2013
Format: Paperback

Rating: 9

Review: The Two Towers was a fantastic continuation of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The book broke off into different story lines, so the reader could get a full view of everything that was happening. This novel built onto the first book by having more action, and the ability to keep the reader intrigued throughout. Being the second book in the trilogy, The Two Towers succeeded in setting up the storyline for the finale, while also keeping the tale upbeat and interesting on it’s own. This impressed me, for most of the time the middle book in a trilogy is disappointing. In conclusion, I suggest this novel to those who have read the first book in the trilogy, enjoyed it, and are looking for more. I am hoping for great things in the final instalment of this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good litterature., Oct. 25 2013
R. Paquette (Granby, QC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lord of the Rings (Paperback)
Item shipped promptly and was well packaged.
Read it in french many years ago and own all three movies..
Bought it in English for the purpose of rereading it simultaneously in French and English in order to improve my fluency in English.
Since it is high end littérature, the vocabulary is elaborate, both in French and in English, which provides for an excellent learning opportunity.

4.0 out of 5 stars tolkien, Oct. 20 2013
the best of this genre. start by reading "the hobbit" then go into the trilogy. Tolkien also has a variety of other books worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Completed for the 18th time, Aug. 14 2013
I first read LOTR when I was 18. Thirty years later I have just completed it for the 18th time. The only other book I have read more than twice is Dune. Enough said.

5.0 out of 5 stars sweet book!!!!!!!!!!, July 21 2013
Lynae Yankee - See all my reviews
the book was a blast! The hobbits are funny,especially Samwise.It is a little violent but I still enjoyed it.Can't wait to buy the next book……!

Caleb yankee,10 years old

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificient Box Set, July 2 2013
This review is from: The Lord Of The Rings (Paperback)
I was really surprised at the quality of the product. It's beautiful and the quality amazing. I bought it to read it again, since the first time I read the story the book didn't belong to me. I recommend this product to every Tolkien fan! It is worth it and the price was just so irresistible! I had to buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, May 23 2013
Its more complete than the movies of course, and it clarified some questions that I had about the story. I'm happy with all of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boxed set, May 16 2013
This review is from: The Lord of the Rings (Paperback)
Love the books, and I love the packaging of the set. They look great on display around the house. Arrived very quickly and I am very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Listening, April 6 2013
This is the unabridged recording with Robert Inglis and is well read and paced appropriately. However, I later found out that you can get this on iTunes for less if you are willing to forego the CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars the lord of the rings, March 8 2013
i like this book and i am reading it. it is a good choice to read it when you are free.

The Two Towers
The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien (Hardcover - Dec 15 2005)
Used & New from: CDN$ 20.97