biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: HardcoverChange

on March 2, 2010
I Love Nigel Slater! There, I've said it. He can do no wrong. I'm a vegetarian and he isn't but the way he writes about food is so solid, and his suggested "how-tos" are so charming I can't resist him. And I love this book best of all his books. Even if you don't like to cook you will be delighted reading about his garden and vegetables. If you do like to cook it will inspire you in the kitchen to help vegetables achieve transcendence! And if you have some arable land nearby you might want to try his gardening tips. I would! As I read Tender I - A Cook and His Vegetable Patch I found myself wishing I didn't live in an apartment.
on June 7, 2010
I don't know Nigel's work very much. I loved reading "Kitchen Diaries" but the recipes were just so-so (spice cake, tomato cream pasta, curries). This book though, "Tender", is amazing. The information on growing and using vegetables is incredible and so far, all the recipes I have tried were great (carrot cakes with coriander, chard and cheddar tart, brocoli and bacon soup, etc.). Will definitely buy "Tender II".
on July 21, 2011
I first wanted to buy this book because I would really love to grow a vegetable garden someday, and I thought this would be a great book to help me learn a little bit about it. The book ended up being so much more. I love everything about it! It has followed me everywhere - the living room, kitchen, bedroom, patio, etc. It is very easy to find recipes because of the way the book is divided - by vegetable! And not to mention his writing style - this is my first Nigel Slater book, and I can assure you that it will not be my last. There are also pictures of all of the vegetables and what they should look like. If you are trying to figure out how to incorporate more vegetables in your diet, this is a great book - often, the vegetable is the star of the dish, and a lot of times the recipes are actually for main dishes. Great purchase, very happy!
on August 7, 2010
Nigel Slater is such an enjoyable food writer to read! I have four of his books, and thoroughly enjoyed this one. His recipes have yet to lead me astray! I cannot wait for Tender II: Fruits.
on December 7, 2012
Nigel never ceases to entertain and educate me.
I seldom cook new kinds of vegetables without referring to his words.
Nigel's food books are my "Go-to" books.
on July 12, 2014
It's the sort of book you can pick up and read any time. Nigel Slater writes beautifully.
on August 16, 2014
So well written, lovely pictures and great recipes. More than a simple cookbook !