biss boutiques-francophones snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store s Tools Learn more ca_ty_gno

on May 21, 2013
I am not an outdoorsman. However, I am I interested in that knowledge that will help me. That knowledge that would have never occurred to me unless I came accross a book such as this. I LOVE it, and you will too!!!!!!!
on January 30, 2013
This is a pretty good book, plenty of info on how to survive in many different environments, if your looking to expand your library of Survival Guides then definitely get this book you won't regret it.
on February 6, 2013
I ordered this book not knowing exactly what to expect. Am I ever glad I did. this book is so informative I can hardly put it down. If you are into the outdoors, I highly recommend you get this book.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 20, 2013
I would certainly recommend this book to anyone. Even if you never go into the backcountry, its full of great survival tips that everybody should know. Buy this book you will be glade you did.
on October 7, 2009
I own and have read 13 other "survival" books - this one is one of easiest to read and understand as well as being filled with ideas and tips not found in many other books. Good read!
on June 20, 2013
Simply the best. Often imitated; never duplicated.

Shouldn't be a question if you're looking for the most comprehensive survival book on the market.
on February 15, 2014
Book is clear and informative. There are things you will never use but still a good read. Nice and small that it can fit in ones backpack with ease.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 26, 2014
Can't put this thing down. Haven't made my way through even half the book yet but it seems full of useful and fascinating information. Almost makes you want to go out and try some of the techniques! Hopefully I won't ever need to use any of the information in this book, but I'm feeling more confident now that if I were to be placed in a survival situation I would at least be armed with some basic, quality information. Highly recommend.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2012
This is a good reference for those who have little experience in survival techniques. Although there are shortfalls in certain respects, e.g. fairly limited and simplistic treatment of nuclear crises, most emergency survival situations are adequately addressed.

For nuclear WMD, a better resource would be Nuclear Weapons & Their Effects by L W McNaught, Brassey's Defence Publishers, 1984.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2014
A really good survival guide. I love trying out some of the stuff while camping and it is really easy to follow.