5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
A good multi-layered plot. Really enjoyed the book. Like the characters and the history associated with the family events. I enjoy all this series.
Published 7 months ago by Joan

2.0 out of 5 stars just can't
I have spent hours trying to 'get into this novel and it's just not going to happen. I'm about three quarters of the way through it and I don't think I'll bother with the rest of it. I am not attached to any of the characters and the plot is almost non-existent. I know I won't go looking for any of her other books.
Published 22 months ago by K. LENOVER

2.0 out of 5 stars just can't, June 18 2012
K. LENOVER "mellowing" (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply Boring, Jan. 23 2012
This review is from: Hidden Child (Paperback)
There is nothing chilling, thrilling or blood curdling about this author and this novel. Tedious, exasperating and simplistic would be more factual. The at nausea detail of the characters' lives adds nothing to the development of plot; and, in the end, the characters are still one dimensional.

Don't waste your money on Lackberg. If you are looking for thrills and chills from Scandanavia try Jo Nesbo. He's an author to make your blood curdle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Aug. 26 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hidden Child - I found it difficult to put this book down., Feb. 4 2014
This review is from: The Hidden Child (Paperback)
This is the 4th book of the series I have read, all have been excellent but the plot of this one kept twisting and turning until the very end and can hardly wait until I read her next novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mystery, Nov. 28 2013
This review is from: The Hidden Child (Paperback)
Again, wonderful writing and keeps your interest. Love the continuity of the characters from book to book and the small-town feel of the location of the books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mystery -, Aug. 4 2013
I love the historical aspects of it ... and the mystery. There was and intriguing weave of the years together

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hidden Child, Dec 26 2011
Peter S. Watson (Toronto, Ontario, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hidden Child (Paperback)
Wonderfully written and well-translated, The Hidden Child is a great addition to Lackberg's series. Patrik and Erica are an interesting couple and this book has them working even closer together. Looking forward to The Mermaid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well translated into English and is a very good mystery novel, Dec 11 2011
D. Paine (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hidden Child (Paperback)
Read the book that takes place before this book in order to understand what is going on. Fascinating book. Very well translated into English.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Hidden Child, Nov. 6 2011
L. D. Godfrey - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Hidden Child (Paperback)
Camilla Lackberg's `The Hidden Child.' is heavy on the characters and light on a plot. The list of characters is long and it took me a while to get them all straight and what role each played. The term `character driven' is the only one I can think of that describes this novel. Because it is the characters that shape this book and the plot is just the thread that binds them together.
As the product description states you have a daughter (married to a police detective that finds a diary and a Nazi medal in her late mother's belongings. The novel goes back and forth between the daughter in the present day and her memories of her mother and the strained relationship they shared and the writings of the mother as a young girl in the last years of World War II.
The novel is more about how people can start at the same point in their lives and end up in very different places, making very different choices that shape them into the people they become and the relationships we have by accident of birth and the ones we seek out. The novel is interesting in places and you have a murder or two but there no surprises. If you are looking for a page turner with lots of police procedures and a knife toting serial killer you might want to keep looking.

ARRAY(0xb7ba5240)

Hidden Child
Hidden Child by Camilla Lackberg (Paperback - Aug. 22 2011)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 15.99