march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on November 13, 2013
I have read the first 4 books before but wanted the box set in order to read it again as has been a lot of years since 4th book and the fifth is finally out in mass paperback. Got the set and was really happy. Have been reading the series but when I got to the fourth book the first 46 pages were missing. I couldn't believe it. The only thing that saved it for me was that I had my edition from 2006 so was able to continue the series. Be sure to check your books and make sure that all the pages are there.
on March 17, 2013
This book set was a big disappointment, the pages are so fine they rip when you turn them. The cover is just a wee bit thicker than regular paper. Dont buy this set unless you just thoe out books after you have read them, not sure this set willeven survive one gentle reading. Shame on bantam for producing this
on July 10, 2013
Well guys, this box is cheap for sure. But think about it before buying: The paper quality is really bad, cuz its mass market paper. Just like newspaper. I believe some ppl, including me, won't even bother to open the book due to the fact that the paper stinks!
on February 25, 2013
I hung in with this series for two books but just could not bear to start the third. There is a wonderful story buried in all those pages somewhere but the writing is simply atrocious. I spent a lot of time rolling my eyes and groaning through the first two books. Juvenile approach to violence and sex, pages upon pages describing what people are eating. A great warrior built-up for hundreds of pages only to die of a superficial nipple wound. George Martin should have developed the back story, characters, and plot lines and had someone with some talent as an author write this. As it is, it is some of the worst writing I have ever endured. I gave it a chance, I slogged through two of the books, but the thought of starting the third gives me cold sweats. Awful, awful, writing.
on August 28, 2011
I struggled to get through the first 80 pages of book one, that's how boring it was. It is just a different type of book for people who have a lot of patience. Thank goodness I was able to resell my set. What a bad buy.