Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage fallcleaning Pets Music Deals Store Fall Barbecue

Format: HardcoverChange

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(3 star).show all reviews
on October 8, 2003
Alright, the last two days have been a series of mishaps for me. First off the pizza dough itself takes two full days to do. That's when my first error started: I tried to double the dough recipe (BIG mistake). The resulting goo was more of a new kind of super glue than dough. Next, the next day, I tried to roll out the goo into a pizza shape as it insisted in trying to cling around my arms when I tried to throw it. Again, big mistake. It just stuck to the rolling pin so I tried to mold it with my hands. After achieving a lumpy dough round that seemed to move around as much as "Flubber" I followed the instructions on the BLT pizza. The toppings and everything were perfectly explained.
After I cooked the pizza I took it out and much to my surprise the pizza crust was about an inch deep; it seems that my average interpretation of pizza dough depth was WAY off for this recipe; for all of you out there trying the cookbook make the dough about 1/8"-1/4" deep.
Finally I enjoyed my BLT bread (pizza?), thank goodness it still tasted good! Tips for buyers: set aside a ton of time to do a recipe from this book and read all of the recipe before you start so that you don't forget to set aside an hour here or there. If you are a beginning cook then this might not be the best book for you but start with something easy like the "Betty Crocker Cooking Basics Book" and work up to it. Best of luck!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again