5.0 out of 5 stars Homeopathy - Amazing Relief for Allergy Sufferers!
Published on Aug. 21 2001

1.0 out of 5 stars Book with little help
Published on June 5 2001 by Michaell Magrutsche

5.0 out of 5 stars Homeopathy - Amazing Relief for Allergy Sufferers!, Aug. 21 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Complete Idiot Guide Homeopathy (Paperback)
David Solar's book is wonderful! It gives a great overview of the history of homeopathy, how it works, what the philosophy and goals are, etc.! He does a nice job of dispelling some common misperceptions too. This is a great introduction with important information if you are seriously considering finding a qualified professional to work with you doing homeopathy. Seven years ago my allergies were so severe I could not be outside for more than five minutes the entire month of October. After working with a qualified, amazing woman who prescribed specific remedies for me, the next fall I was literally dancing/playing in the leaves with my toddlers!! I've also discovered that I am deathly allergic to ALL the major groups of antibiotics. Using homeopathy, she has treated me successfully for strep throat and many other ailments. The purpose of homeopathy is to treat the entire person and get your body, mind, and emotions to a place of balance and overall health. Check out this book and homeopathy. You'll be glad you did! P.S. My overall health is in such great balance now and my allergies totally in check - that I got two dogs a year ago - a yellow lab and a golden retriever! :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Book with little help, June 5 2001
Michaell Magrutsche "MichaellArt.com" (Newport Beach, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Complete Idiot Guide Homeopathy (Paperback)
I usually love the "Complete Idiot's Guide's" books. For example Skip Press' book on screenwriting from the same series is the best book on screenwriting I know. In contrary this book is definitely one of the least useful book I have ever read. I never critiqued a book before but Mr. Sollars gives you so little information (i.e. maximal one suggestion per disease and no reference for dilutions) that I had to post my opinion.
This book forces you to have to go to a professional practitioner and does not have enough information that you basically have to hand yourself over to the practitioner's care. This defies the essential purpose of the Idiot's guidebooks.
A Complete Idiot's Guide to Homeopathy by David W. Sollars is written in a way that feels fearful to give too much information. It is so politically correct that it makes it worthless for a layperson to find help for basic illnesses with homeopathic remedies. It's a shame that nobody at the Publisher could catch this. The only helpful information is generic medical information about the various diseases that you can find in any library.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, Jan. 10 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Complete Idiot Guide Homeopathy (Paperback)
I purchased this booking because I knew nothing about Homeopathy and I was interested in learning some basic information. Well, I was completely disappointed by this publication. It contains little more than a cursory discussion of the topic.
I've read other "Idiot's" books in the past that contained much more detail.
Bottom line, I'll have to keep looking for a better book on Homeopathy.

Complete Idiot Guide Homeopathy
Complete Idiot Guide Homeopathy by David W Sollars (Paperback - March 19 2001)
Used & New from: CDN$ 22.16