Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(3 star)show all reviews
on May 23, 1999
Marcella's opinionated and sometimes arrogant statements sometimes get in the way of making a good recipe a great recipe. For example, she frowns upon roasting beef bones before making broth claiming that this is far too strong a flavor for use in Italian cooking. While that may be true for a rissotto, for soup you need the rich color as well as the robust flavor. Mrs. Hazan, from one Italian cook to another - that is too broad of a statement. Unfortunately, it isn't the only one. I received this book as a gift, and I have found only about 50% of it's recipes that I've tried so far (out of about 12) to be better than average. If more people truly studied the art of cooking (Italian or otherwise) rather than just reading instructions, they would find that like beauty, taste is also in the eye (er...tongue) of the beholder. If you are interested in a book that I have found to be not only more flavorful but more interesting overall, I would suggest the outstanding cookbook "La Cucina Siciliana di Gangivecchio" which I have found to be excellent reading for anyone who considers themselves a lover of Mediterranean cuisine.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again