5.0 out of 5 stars As Good As Ever!!, Jan. 26 2003
By A Customer
When I read a novel and find it wanting (but not intolerable), I tend to skip-read much of the text just so I can get to the end and move on.
In reading Robinson's latest, I savoured each word. Enjoyed each nuance. Sunk into it's substance. Empathized with each character and then wished I hadn't read it yet so I could read it again, for the first time.
Thanks Peter!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, we know..., Aug. 11 2004
Madelayne Robitaille (Granby, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
Since I read my first Robinson's book a couple of years ago, I'd been enthralled by the mystery of Graham's disappearance, finally I have the answer. I loved every word of every sentence of every page of this book. I'm a die hard fan of Robinson, up until now, 'A dry white season' was my favorite, it's now a tie between those two. I strongly recommend all of Robinson's novels to people who like good mysteries with characters so well discribed that you feel you know them. I can't wait for the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Summer That Didn't Grab Me at First, Sept. 17 2013
Amazon Customer (Calgary, Alberta) - See all my reviews
When I first read this book several years ago I was mildly disappointed with it. I thought the story was full of anger, guilt and self-absorption, with Alan Banks being the most self-absorbed and guilt-stricken. I did not then appreciate Robinson's articulate and insightful use of psychology, which drives Alan Banks as he begins to delve into a missing person's case from his past. Quite recently I re-read the book and this time I found the "The Summer That Never Was" to be far more compelling, complex, and ultimately satisfying.

Close to Home: A Novel of Suspense
Close to Home: A Novel of Suspense by Peter Robinson (Hardcover - Jan. 27 2003)
Used & New from: CDN$ 1.34