5.0 out of 5 stars Best relationship book EVER!
Published on March 8 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars Ugh...not at all what I wanted
Published on Aug. 17 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars Ugh...not at all what I wanted, Aug. 17 2000
By A Customer
I completely agree with the previous review that this book is nothing but a John Gray advertisement. I didn't even make it to the second chapter. After I got annoyed with "John Gray does this...", and "John helped me with that...", I thumbed through the rest of the book and saw his name repeatedly on every page! I was looking for good relationship stories and maybe some advice and inspiration, instead I got the printed version of Mr. Gray's infomercial.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ugh...not at all what I wanted, Aug. 17 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Best relationship book EVER!, March 8 1999
By A Customer
I have read dozens of self-help/relationship books and have found John Gray's philosophies to be the most straight-forward, accurate and effective. His descriptions of men and women and their differences in behavior and response are dead-on, as is Dr. Gray's belief that understanding those differences is the only way to truly get along. Dr. Gray's books will help you and your mate see that you are BOTH "normal" in your behaviors and responses, even though you may seem irrational or unreasonable to one another at times. Dr. Gray will help you see that boys and girls are just plain different and as soon as you realize what that means in a relationship, trust me, you will breathe a HUGE sigh of relief and give your mate the biggest kiss ever!

1.0 out of 5 stars Basically an advertising piece for Dr. Gray's techniques., Jan. 3 1999
By A Customer
This book is filled with testimonials for John Gray's approach to relationship development and enhancement. The overriding theme is essentially, "And then I read Dr. Gray's book" (or, preferably, "attended my first seminar") "and my live was changed forever." There are a few allusions to the specifics of his theories, but basically the jargon is used and the reader is assumed to be familiar with the subject already. The book has been marketed as a collection of real-life experiences of ordinary couples, with many of whom the reader should be able to identify, but this is not the case at all. It is a glowing "puff piece" which reads as if it had been drawn from the evaluation forms submitted by couples at the end of his seminars. I am not disputing the significance of Dr. Gray's insights and presentation in the slightest, just the thrust of this book.

Mars And Venus In Love: Inspiring and Heartfelt Stories of Relationships That Work
CDN$ 16.99 CDN$ 12.40