5.0 out of 5 stars This book is an excellent source for inspiration
I am in the planning phase of my new home building project. This book has served as an excellent tool for me during the phase of my project. I loved the sheer creativity of the architects and amazing photography. I highly recommend this book for folks who are looking for small home design options.
Published on March 8 2004 by wgarcia14

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice concept but for a select audience
Published on Nov. 14 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is an excellent source for inspiration, March 8 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and beautiful, Dec 21 2003
Peggy Vincent "author and reader" (Oakland, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mini House (Hardcover)
Here is a showcase of more than 24 small living spaces designed by famous internationally-known architects. The structures featured range from 344 to 1300 square feet. Like the construction of a ship, these houses demonstrate countless solutions for maximum use in a minimum of space: folding tables, hanging beds, efficient storage areas, ingenious bathrooms. Filled with nearly 500 color photos and 60 detailed plans, this book is an essential tool for homeowners looking for solutions for use of very limited space.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice concept but for a select audience, Nov. 14 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Mini House (Hardcover)
If I could have looked inside this book before I ordered it, I probably wouldn't have bought it. While many of the houses are interesting, the style of most of them is 'European modern' or even experimental (that's not meant as a criticism in itself). In the author's introduction the sub-heading is "...producing small architectural objects..." -- that's a good description, the houses are more architectural objects than anything else. So, if you're interested in modern trends in residential architecture, this is a great book; if you interested in modest, economical homes of a more traditional nature, this definitely isn't the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars useful resource, July 15 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Mini House (Hardcover)
when decided to look for my first residence i had in mind something small, modern and affordable. this book gave me the ideas and inspiration to get what i needed. excelent photography, understandable drawing plans.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smaller is Better, July 12 2003
Symbiat (New York City, NY, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mini House (Hardcover)
A great book that flys in the face of the American "bigger-is-better" model. This is a fascinating book on the creative use of small space - where often less is more. For those of us who yearn for more intimate and affordable spaces this will give you lots of good ideas and inspiration for using any small plot of land or city building lot. I read this book after reading "Prefab" - both books go together well.

ARRAY(0xbe876744)

Mini House
Mini House by Alejandro Bahamon (Hardcover - April 23 2003)
Used & New from: CDN$ 11.66