countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Hardcover|Change

on November 25, 2011
I enjoyed reading the book and see a lot of the characters more developed, more complex. I didn't feel that the series were worse my while overall. It only left me wondering" why go through all this trouble over 3 volumes" if this is how you will end the story? I suppose leaving everything hanging and unsettled more closely relates to the misery of trials through our lives. I kept thinking about all the descriptions of magic objects that were never really used, seemed pointless. It could have been so much more and so much more complex on all levels. I felt it was too shallow, too brisk to end, as if the author was tired of writing and just wanted to throw enough things into the book, so it would keep everybody happy. The best analogy I can think of for this book is like making love with a hurried man who just wants to finish.
on July 3, 2012
This along with Lion Among Men could've been one book. I skimmed so much of this I finished it in record time! Honestly, who is the editor (editrix)? Way too many boring parts filled with politcal jibber-jabber that just dragged the story to it's rather dull conclusion. If it were cut in half and combined with a much shortened Lion Among Men, it would've been a lot better. And that clock/dragon thing is one of the most boring and uninteresting "characters" put to print -- and Maguire spends A LOT of time yammering about it. Ugh.
on January 21, 2016
The book was in great condition but was expecting (as stated)hardcover and didn't not want large print. Large print makes the book harder to travel with as it makes book that much thicker.
on December 8, 2011
Worth every penny. So sad this is the last book in the series, but as always McGuire did this story justice. It's a fantastic read and a must-have for any Oz enthusiast!
on March 10, 2016
Arrived quickly and as described
on October 26, 2014