5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting
I just finished this book and as heart wrenching as the story was, I was fascinated and could barely put it down. Katrina writing is superb, the characters so real, with emotions we all can relate to. The ending left me wanting more to follow up and see what direction Jordan took and how Danny made out in life. To me,feeling so much for the characters was the sign of an...
Published on Aug. 25 2006 by Reader Dampsy

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible
I have never left a comment on Amazon before, but feel compelled to comment on this book. This story is about a woman, Sarah, who is coping with the death of her husband while raising her two adolescent sons. Her neighbour and best friend turns out to be, along with her husband and their friends, child molesters who do unspeakable things to their young son while she...
Published on Feb. 28 2012 by Bookworm

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating!, July 9 2013
This novel is spell-binding. I could hardly put it down. I kept wondering what the outcome would be. Tough reading the details of abuse, but it is always good to be aware of these crimes. I would recommend this book to anyone who works with elementary school-aged children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Difficult Content, April 17 2013
This review is from: The Kindness Of Strangers (Paperback)
This is again a book that has difficult content, but I think that Katrina Kittle did an amazing job writing this novel. It was captivating and was very hard to put down - I was constantly wondering what was going to happen. This novel really examines the terror of realizing that nobody is who they seem..

3.0 out of 5 stars The kindness of strangers, March 15 2012
This review is from: The Kindness Of Strangers (Paperback)
This book is a good reminder to keep our eyes open for child abuse, however, I did not like reading about how the dear little boy lived and the way his parents treated him.
It does make one realize that we should never trust anyone fully. So many things can be well hidden behind closed doors.

5.0 out of 5 stars I highly recommend this book, Oct. 24 2011
This review is from: The Kindness Of Strangers (Paperback)
I bought this book to have something good to read for a long plane ride and it didn't disappoint. It is very well written. I really enjoyed how it was written from the different characters points of view. It really got me thinking about how I would handled something like that if it happened to my family. I finished it while I was away and bought another one of her books for the plane ride back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing novel, couldn't put it down, April 13 2011
This review is from: The Kindness Of Strangers (Paperback)
This book was amazing. While the book made be feel uncomfortable at times while reading (since it focuses on a sexaully abused child), I could not put it down. The story focuses on the strengths of the Laden family, and of Jordan, and how they each contribute to each others healing process.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Read, Oct. 29 2008
Patricia (Kimberley, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Kindness Of Strangers (Paperback)
This was my first book written by Katrina Kittle. From the first chapter I was drawn in. The writing flows, the characters most human and the subject matter, though difficult, handled intelligently and compassionately. I was sorry when the book ended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart wrenching, May 2 2011
This review is from: The Kindness Of Strangers (Paperback)
One of the most heart wrenching books I have ever read - it is also very moving and full of love and compassion. You feel incredible sorrow for what a child has to suffer through and it just makes you aware of some of the dreadful things that go on in the world. The book is beautifully written making it easy to read and hard to put down. It is a book I will never forget.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rescuing a child from infamy, April 3 2011
S Svendsen "Uni" (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Kindness Of Strangers (Paperback)
The first half of this book is tense, depressing and at times repugnant, dealing with a group of parents who share their children sexually in upper middle class suburbia. Jordan, the tween who has been violated, raped by both his parents and their associated deviants for five years, is the focal character of the novel. Sarah is a close friend of Courtney, Jordan's incestuous mother. Each chapter of the book bears the title of a main character, in random order, relating events from his or her point of view; these are Sarah, her two sons, Nate and Danny, as well as the victimized Jordan. This is an effective process to provide emotional and psychological insight about present and past experiences for a number of characters.

The last half of the book provides some resolution of tension and a satisfactory solution, but it is a rough ride getting there. The author, Kittle, has captured the anguish and drama of people caught in situations not of their own making. She has been brave to confront such a taboo subject but in places I felt that the characters and events narrated were straining credibility. Moreover, I thought it was significant and rather sad that religious (or spiritual) moral codes, guilt, forgiveness and conflict resolutions were conspicuous by their absence. These are people whose appreciation of religion starts with exclamatory slurs and ends with the obligatory observation of traditions. Human existence can quickly become hollow in an environment ruled by ambition, status and raw sensuality. Perhaps that is the unstated tragedy lurking behind the plot for this somber tale. However, that having been said, this is a story of the triumph of loving and generous compassion offered unconditionally by Sarah and her sons for Jordan. Well done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, Dec 11 2011
Robin Smith (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Kindness Of Strangers (Paperback)
It's wonderful to be able to purchase a used book for a great price and quick delivery! Thank you! This could be the online used book store for many!

5.0 out of 5 stars child hood, Nov. 3 2011
This review is from: The Kindness Of Strangers (Paperback)
I started reading this book on a sunday morning and all of you working mother's out there no the list of "to due's" sunday's bring! I thought I would read the first chapter and do the daily routine to follow! Well when my husband hollered to me at 4:00pm, "what did i think we'd like to do for supper?" I was on my last chapter and responded anything he'd like to order in!!! Jordan should remind us all to hold our sweet angels a little closer and that "the kindness of a stranger" can truly change the outcome of a child's life.

The Kindness Of Strangers
The Kindness Of Strangers by Katrina Kittle (Paperback - Dec 21 2006)
CDN$ 18.50 CDN$ 13.36