march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 6, 2013
My grand-daughter was so thrilled to receive this collection for her fifth birthday. Her mother has already read the first book to her .

These books were such a wonderful part of my early childhood that they were something I wanted to share with my children and grand-children. They are a timeless vision of childhood innocence. An innocence that is so easily cast aside in our too adult world.
on September 25, 2008
The Little House Collection Box Set (Full Color)

This series is perfect for young elementary school students. My little girl in grade 2 really hated learning to read, and I wanted her to find enjoyment in it. I knew this series would do the trick. She was so excite about all that she learned, she started calling her father and I "Pa and Ma" and best of all, she couldn't put the books down. It was great summer reading. There is so much to be learned from our pioneer history. These books share insight on simple living, humour, survival, loss, transitions, family interaction and most importantly love. Enjoy these timeless tales.
on July 14, 2014
This is a beautiful book set.
It is WELL constructed. Feels and appears very well made. The pages are thick and glossy and contain a smattering of in-color sketches in the style of the cover illustration. The words are large enough and well spaced enough that my seven year old, who is using "Little House in the Big Woods" as her first chapter book, has no problems getting through it.
Buy with confidence. I was very pleased!
on August 29, 2015
Beautifully written. Reading these books with my kids has opened hours of conversations with my children, ages 5 & 7, about the conveniences of modern living and the true meaning of sustainability. It also created rich discussion about racism (Ma is a textbook example towards First Nations), how our attitude towards children has changed (e.g. children aren't allowed to speak when adults visit, etc.). Laura's adventures never fail to amuse us, but occasionally I skimmed over the very detailed explanations of certain tasks to keep my kids engaged. On the Banks of Plum Creek is our favourite so far. The only book that didn't appeal to us was "Farmer Boy" - we didn't finish it. These books are definitely worth having on the shelf and they remind me of when I was a kid reading these books myself. Classics.
on May 2, 2014
I bought this set for my grand daughter, who is 5. She is an avid reader and is reading at a grade 3 level. She loves reading this series with her mom. She reads one page and her mom reads the next. I am certain that they will be read over and over again.
on May 9, 2015
I have loved these books since I was a child & reread them many times as well as everything else I can find about Laura Ingalls Wilder. They are among the most important books about the period & celebrate a lifestyle & values very different from those most common today. I bought this particular set for a friend with two small children, partly because the colour illustrations should make them more appealing to little ones & also because the inclusion of Farmer Boy (which I didn't discover till I was an adult) makes it more likely they will please her son as well as her daughter. I wanted to give this family a special & lasting gift & there is nothimg more special that a piece of our history.
on May 23, 2014
I am a senior and I had never read these books before, they are wonderful. You learn about everything they did to survive and how hard they had to work, they were happy with the smallest things. Wonderful to see how people worked and survived so well back in the late 1800's. The story of Laura growing from a small child to a teen. These books are excellent for everyone to read.
on August 22, 2014
Great collection and series for read-out -loud chapter book. Seven year old loves the color pictures, at least one in every chapter. First book, Little house in big woods, was a bit slow and more "how they lived in the olden days". The next ones have more character development and plot.
on April 12, 2014
These are beautiful books that will be around for generations. Stories that the whole family will enjoy reading together and spark many conversations about history and civilization, amongst others. We are so happy that we got these books, and they will be enjoyed over and over again!
on June 12, 2014
Wonderful material arrived in perfect condition, this is a wonderful gift to young people who are in the reading stages of grade two on, the delivery time was excellent