5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This Book!, March 23 2006
Denise M. Hansen (Nova Scotia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raw Food/Real World: 100 Recipes to Get the Glow (Hardcover)
Lots of beautiful pictures of the dishes and also of the two chefs. It's a raw food book for modern times. The recipes are great. The book is really well created. Raw foods is a good way to have tight skin and a glowing complexion. Some people have even had all their gray hair turn back to their natural hair color, from being on raw foods (Ann Wigmore, founder of the Hippocrates Health Institute in Boston.)
The two chefs (authors) look so healthy slim and young and full of energy. Most people never get sick on a raw food diet. I just glow with health when I'm on raw food. And I won't have any pains or aliments of any kind, nor do I get colds or the flue. You just feel fabulous and 'youthful'. And my energy level is so high. The book is raw/vegan.
I loved this book so much, I ordered one also for my brother, and he loves it too. We have both wanted to go 100% raw and this book only inspires us to do so. Thank you Sarma Melngailis and Matthew Kenney for creating this book. Couldn't have come at a better time for me. I love it! I hope you create a second one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Raw Food Real World, Feb. 23 2012
This living food recipes book is definitely geared toward gourmet style dishes. Altho, the Chocolate Ganache tart is truly decadent!

Being a living foods family for 4+yrs now, I would have to say in hind-sight, that this should not have been one of our first book purchases for the healthy living lifestyle.
Many of the recipes we tried are truly excellent tasting however many of them take 3-4 days to prepare. Being a family in transition to a healthier eating style it almost had us to the point of abandonment.

Honestly the best advise we received was to keep things simple during the transition. Green smoothies, fresh fruits, fresh veggies, nuts, seeds, avocado's, coconut butter.
Trying to mimic a cooked foods lifestyle constantly with living foods variations only perpetuates the food cravings. Because most of those foods are associated with heart-warming emotional memories. Another raw-foodist is quoted as saying 'Cooked food is an addiction. Cooked food is death' or something similar to that, anyway.

Change it up, make new food memories!
You gut health, physical & emotional wellness & glow will spur you onto living with a full life-force.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Rally Great Book, Nov. 19 2013
Joani Taylor (Vancouver BC) - See all my reviews
I just hope I can make a lot of these recipes. Just getting into Vegan and Raw eating and I know this book will be my guide to healthy eating and juicing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to cook books, Nov. 14 2013
Fabulous recipes ... Really easy and tasty and a really inspiring story to get you involved in eating more raw food!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting food!!!, May 21 2013
She did the research and it's great. Buy the book and enjoy her hard work. You will be very happy!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute bible for delicious raw food and ingredients for any level, Oct. 10 2012
I own a lot of raw food cookbooks and both of Sarma's books are 5-star books. They are informative, beautifully illustrated, encouraging and great for any level of experience with raw food. The recipes are absolutely amazing! If you are new to raw foods, the first 30 pages will teach you almost everything you need to know about why going 10%, 50%, or even 100% raw is a great choice and how to do it. The recipes range from basic and delicious smoothies to more elaborate multi-step dishes that show that raw vegan food can be as gourmet as any food out there. Hands down my favourite books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, Jan. 30 2008
Jenny (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
Beautiful Book with simple recipes even my [...] daughter can prepare on her own. In fact I ordered this book as a present for her so she can prepare meals without using a stove. She absolutely loves it.

I ate at the restaurant in NY. Sarma was there and she absolutely glowed! My dinner guest and I marvelled all night about how everyone's skin looked so smooth, young and perfect.

Best Raw Food Recipe book I ever saw!

5.0 out of 5 stars makes raw food quite beautiful, even sexy, March 29 2009
This is a fabulous book, written by two chefs with very solid backgrounds in food. Part of the enjoyment of this book comes in reading about their personal journeys, as they moved from a typically carnivorous diet to one of raw food, growing in vitality and energy as they did. It has lots of pictures of them and their restaurant, and is a really engaging read - you feel quite connected to them and their glowing lifestyle.

Matt and Sarma make raw food quite beautiful, even sexy. When you say "raw food diet", most people think it is a bland, boring choice. Not so! Anyone that thinks raw food isn't tasty should buy this book, I have tried many of their recipes and they are just brilliant. The salad dressings are awesome, and both blender juices and shakes are just delicious. I haven't yet tried their recipes which require dehydration - they take too long - but plan to do so, and am looking forward to trying their crackers, granola, cookies, tortillas .. everything is raw, so cool!

I would love to be able to sustain a raw food diet for myself, but because of my lifestyle - so hectic - I really don't seem to be able to do that. But it is great for a few months at a time, and I keep going back and trying it. I find that even eating raw food for a single day makes a difference to me, I really feel more upbeat and light.

Needless to say, I love this book and recommend it. A raw food diet makes me feel clean, alive, energized - at my physical best - and I know it will for you too. Recommended thoroughly.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This Book!, March 22 2006
Denise M. Hansen (Nova Scotia, Canada) - See all my reviews
I loved this book so much, I ordered one also for my brother, and he loves it too. We have both wanted to go 100% raw and this book only inspires us to do so. Thank you Sarma Melngailis and Matthew Kenney for creating this book. Couldn't have come at a better time for me. I love it! I hope You create a second one.

ARRAY(0xa7b80e1c)

Raw Food/Real World: 100 Recipes to Get the Glow
Raw Food/Real World: 100 Recipes to Get the Glow by Matthew Kenney (Hardcover - June 23 2005)
CDN$ 43.50 CDN$ 27.41