5.0 out of 5 stars Seems pretty handy
Published on Aug. 25 2009 by J. Jarvis

1.0 out of 5 stars Draw like the experts? well, I don't think so.
Published on Feb. 22 2009 by Mickey

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems pretty handy, Aug. 25 2009
J. Jarvis (Sharbot Lake, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Monster Book Of Manga: Draw Like the Experts (Paperback)
This book seems great for beginners, maybe even others as well. I see nothing wrong with the book itself, it's great and has very useful tips, perfect for what I need. I explains in detail about the character's position and also shows how to do different types of positions. The book doesn't actually show *how* to draw though, but it's still great. Has lots of different types of people, monsters, and so on. At the end of the book it shows how to digitalize the drawings as well for if people want to. It as well shows shading, coloring, and is a pretty heavy book considering it's thick pages.

It's great, I like it and love it, helped me alot. (Already knew how to draw I can mimic anything, just needed all the tips in it about shading and positions).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for people that have some art instruction, Sept. 15 2013
fantastic book if you are looking for a reference or learn by copying book. There is not much instruction but the drawings are easy to follow and the instruction that it does have is very good -easily understandable... I would not recommend this book for a beginner unless you have had previous art instruction, but .I would recommend it for those who know sort of what they are doing. It is a great book..

1.0 out of 5 stars Draw like the experts? well, I don't think so., Feb. 22 2009
This book is maybe good for people don't know how to draw or if you wanna fake Japanese style. I say the style here is between Japanese and American. some artists here seem not to know anatomy and even can't draw hands well. Also Japanese clothing, Kimono etc, and words are little messed(made) up (I guess they didn't do much research about it). I disappointed and totally regretted that I wasted my money on this book. But, the last chapter, about the use of digital tool, which it is very basic, maybe useful for beginners, so I say 1 star.

The Monster Book Of Manga: Draw Like the Experts
The Monster Book Of Manga: Draw Like the Experts by Joso Estudio (Paperback - Dec 21 2005)
CDN$ 31.99 CDN$ 20.05