5.0 out of 5 stars A keeper/reference book
Wayne Dyer, writes from a sincere desire to bring ease and comfort to readers. He uses personal examples from his life experiences to engage the reader and from the first few pages you move into a slow dance of literature bliss.If you are interested in accepting life on life's terms in a serene way you will enjoy this book!
Published 6 months ago by Migwans

2.0 out of 5 stars Premise is Good, But....
Published on May 4 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars Premise is Good, But...., May 4 2004
By A Customer
I love Wayne Dyer books and have read many of them. But, this book just didn't do it for me. I love the premise of the book where he promotes positive thinking, higher energy levels, and not giving your energy to negative thoughts, since what you give out will come back to you. However, I had difficulty with 3 areas of the book: 1) Evil doesn't exist 2) The fact that Dyer never addresses the concept of free will, and 3) Illness is due to erroneous thinking.
First, evil does exist and we see it every day...it's all around us. Denying it's existance is like sticking your head in the sand. Dyer says that evil cannot exist, since God created all things, and God is good, so why would a good God create evil? Well, I think the answer lies in free-will, which brings me to my second point. Although God is good, he also gave us free-will, which means that we are able to choose the path of God (good positive, energy) or something opposite of God, which would be evil. Dyer never addresses free-will in this book even though he continually quotes the bible and other spiritual/religious writings that do in fact address the concept of free-will in depth. How he can quote so many things from these books and yet deny the existance of free-will is beyond me.
Finally, Dyer states that illness stems from erroneous thinking. While I do believe that many illness are brought on by negative thinking and stress (I do believe there is a mind/body connection), if you follow Dyer's theory on this than how is it that infants can get ill? Is an infant capable of thinking erroneously when he/she cannot even take care of him/herself? Dyer lightly brushes the surface of the issue regarding children and illnesses, but then totally dismisses the issue and moves on to the next topic without giving us a reason or answer. This proves to me that either Dyer is underminding the intelligence of the reader or doesn't know himself so he dismisses the issue.
Finally, I do think that many things bad happen in our lives for a purpose, and that purpose is for our souls to grow and learn. Maybe this is why we get ill and the very reason why we have free-will. I have known a few people who were very positive about a terminal illness...did the whole imagery and positive visualization thing, and yet still passed away from their illness. Were these people just not thinking positively enough?? Instead, I believe their deaths were for a reason. Either for their soul to learn or for the souls of others to learn.
Finally, there are many parts of this book that I enjoyed and will put into practice. I do like the whole concept of higher and lower energy frequencies. This concept did rang true with me. And, I do believe that what you give out in this world comes back to you. So, if you give out positive energy and thoughts, positive things will come back to you in some shape or form. In addition, I also do like the way he puts St. Francis's prayer into practice. It's always been one of my favorite prayers and the way that Dyer brings the prayer into real life scenarios is very uplifting.
Overall, this book is good, but has a lot of holes in it, which left me with a lot of questions. I will continue to be a fan of Dyer, but I do think that some of his other books are more practical and even more spiritually uplifting.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very shallow pop philosophy, Aug. 27 2003
By A Customer
I tried very hard to like this book but was quickly turned off by Dr. Dyer's protrayal of "low level" and "high level" frequencies that supposedly mirror different qualitative levels of thought. From these essentially unsupported constructs, he provides advice for living as if the entire structure is an a priori given. The commentary is very shallow bordering upon new age pop psychology. I found very little depth in the first one hundred and twenty pages and finally gave up on the book. If you are interested in something much more substantial and helpful, study more well thought out Zen or Buddhist texts that provide much more substance but do a much better job of conveying the ideas that I believe Dr. Dyer is trying to share.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dyer Astray, July 5 2003
I have read many of Dr. Dyer's books and have benefited by applying them to my life. You can trace a line of development from his early works (Your Erroneous Zones and Pulling Your Own Strings) to his more spiritual works (You'll See It When You Believe It, Real Magic and Your Sacred Self). After Your Sacred Self, he kind of lost me. In this book and the Power of Intention, he rambles on about "high energy" and "low energy" without being clear about what he means. Whereas in the previous books he offered specific prescriptions, these books do not. I am sad to report that, although I read it with high hopes, I got little benefit out of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A keeper/reference book, Jan. 2 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, Sept. 15 2013
If you are looking for a different way to see your life this book has the answer. Easy to read!

2.0 out of 5 stars Spiritual solution to every problem, Jan. 29 2013
This review is from: There's A Spiritual Solution To Every Problem (Paperback)
Sources a lot from St. francis of Assisi and then digresses to some Hindu and Buddhist items. This is superfluous. St Francis and his lineage of mystics themselves are self sufficient for the spirituality he talks about. He could read the research of Indian scholars like Dr. Deivanayagam and his daughter Dr. Kala Deivanayagam who find that the emergence of Hindu and Buddhist artifacts are not seen before the fourth century A.D. and reflect a lot of judeo Christianity from the work of Thomas the Apostle arriving in Cannanore, India circa 40 a.d.. and jewish communities already existing at least 200 years before that in India. The scholars see much of Christianity in Hinduism and Buddhism. Why stray to these two areas when Christianity is complete for the genuine follower? For the non Christian with a genuine interest in spirituality. Read fromChristianity, the Christian mystic literature and start off with the Franciscans for an amazing journey

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read book or listen to cd !!, July 11 2010
Pasqualina Mucci (SAINT-LEONARD, QUEBEC Canada) - See all my reviews
I find this book great for readers who have experience in the spiritual world, if you are new, you might find this book heavy duty. I loved every aspect of it and it really helped changed my life. Every spiritual book you read brings you to a different level, so keep reading all of his books.

4.0 out of 5 stars St. Francis is the Real Star of this Book, Feb. 7 2004
This review is from: There's A Spiritual Solution To Every Problem (Paperback)
Wayne Dyer does his usual fine job of explaining how to live a more spiritual life, but the real "star" and strength of this book is the famous prayer of St. Francis.
Read the prayer first (it's in the book); it'll pull you along through the pages, and it certainly provides a model for spiritual living.
Comforting reading.
Reviewer: Linda Painchaud
Reviewer

5.0 out of 5 stars There's a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem by Dyer, May 13 2004
Albert Einstein once wrote that "Nothing Happens Until Something
Moves". Energy is defined as the speed of an individual energy
field. The greater the frequency-the faster the vibrations.
According to the author, vibration tensions get closest to the
spiritual domain. The book self directs us to stop giving energy
to things we don't really support. The author suggests that we
should create our own world in accordance with directed energies
toward worthy goals. A worthy goal is one where each of us has
a strong goal congruency. The author directs his attention to
our inner spiritual health and outer physical health.
Accordingly, he advises us to avoid toxins, outside irritants and things that detract substantially from our quality of life.
He identifies false identity with ignorance of facts.
Ultimately, the author seeks peacemakers who are at inner peace
with themselves and the world. According to the author, suffering
ends when we stop calling it suffering. The book has many important lessons directed toward the spiritual side. All of us
could benefit from some of the important precepts taught by
the author.

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter nonsense, March 20 2004
This review is from: There's A Spiritual Solution To Every Problem (Paperback)
Having read some of Wayne Dyer's early books I am supremely disappointed in "There's a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem". His original ideas attempted to teach people to live their lives without some of the self-imposed limitations all humans tend to attach to themselves, and were worthy of being called self-help. This book espouses nonsensical ideas that have no basis in the reality of life on this planet. Additionally, the writing is extremely repetitive, and contradictory throughout. Dr. Dyer alternates beween seeing all humans as divine and then speaks of God's mercy and forgiveness. If I am divine how could there be another God who dispenses forgiveness? He also speaks of the idea of God as just a source of power and energy available to anyone for their use while trying to blend these ideas with scientific research on quantum physics. Doesn't work for me.

Dr. Dyer presents his ideas as based on the wisdom of many spiritual paths, and while I cannot speak for some of the others he definately misrepresents Christian ideas blatently. Whatever you believe about christian thought it is not represented well in this volume. Quotations are taken out of context and made to serve his basic panthesistic mindset. Additionally, his stated belief that "problems are illusions of the material world" lend no assistance to those afflicted by circumstances beyond their control and who are trying to find guidance through their trials. His writings are basic new age thought and are not in keeping with ideas he put forth in earlier writings contrary to what he believes about himself.
If you are looking for a spiritual path I would suggest investigating ideas on your own so you know what each truely teaches. Wayne Dyer will only lead you down a rabbit trail.

There's A Spiritual Solution To Every Problem
There's A Spiritual Solution To Every Problem by Wayne Dyer (Paperback - Aug. 7 2003)
CDN$ 18.50 CDN$ 13.36