5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Canada II
To the chap from Canada I say: It is you, squire, who have a limited understanding of history; the clear attitude of a soi disant polymath; an insufferable penchant for literary flatulence; and a tragically closed mind.
Published on July 20 2002 by Vivamus

3.0 out of 5 stars Conspriacy theory, little support, suprise?
Published on May 19 2004 by Bradley Slavik

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Canada II, July 20 2002
Vivamus (Laguna Hills, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rule By Secrecy: Hidden History That Connects the Trilateral Commission, the Freemasons, and the Great Pyramids, The (Paperback)
To other serious readers and researchers: PLEASE read this book; arrive at your own conclusions. You owe it to yourself (if not to those whom you may influence.) It is well- researched and -written, and much of the substance presented therein, readily verifiable. It is a splendid book -- arguably the best on the subject.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rule by Secrecy - Great book!, Oct. 24 2010
Ace Rimmer (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
This is a well written book that ties together all the loose threads of "conspiracy theory" and makes sense of it all. It is well-documented and orderly in presentation, not unsubstantiated rantings. If you want to know what really makes the world go round, or comprehend why we see so much trouble where there should be peace and prosperity then this is a good primer to start with. It's the back story for Planet Earth circa n-o-w.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Beginning, Inexplicable Conclusion, June 10 2004
Kari L. Black "neurophoenix" (Keswick, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This book is truly brilliant over its first three sections. One might say that it views the history of western civilization through a lens that most of us would rather avoid. That lens is the notion that we are not really free, but are being manipulated by powerful individuals who only have their own best interests at heart. It is very disconcerting to contemplate the possibility that the work we do, the living we make, benefits the power elite more than it will ever benefit us. Moreover, the idea that the living we make, or try to make, actually makes us more subservient to the power elite, would sound like insane paranoia to most people. This is an idea that the vast majority of the middle and working class would never, ever entertain, much less seriously consider. Marrs suggests that such ideas are probably true. In the first three sections he articulates the methods and motives of those that own the political and economic engines that power western civilization. Is Homo Sapiens essentially a pack animal that naturally organizes itself into social pecking orders; and does this pack animal mentality make it almost impossible for most of us to seriously question and defy authority? Can we accept the description of political power that Jim Marrs offers in this book? If you don't seriously believe that such control of the masses is possible you will never be convinced by any argument. Marrs goes beyond mere paranoid conspiracy by describing in great detail the history of political control in western civilization.

4.0 out of 5 stars GEORGE ORWELL'S OMITTED DETAILS, March 6 2002
"renaissanceman13132" (Glenolden, PA United States) - See all my reviews
Unless you still believe that JFK was murdered by a "lone gunman" with a "magic bullit," this book will pull together many of the loose threads of the conspiracy to control. All thinking persons know that the "powers that be" have no use for democracy and justice. Marrs brings together in one book many of the pieces of the conspiracy puzzle.
The federal and state governments bring conspiracy charges against citizens every week of the year and no one finds this "crazy." Yet when people charge that there is a conspiracy in which governments are merely pawns in the game, many reactionaries foam at the mouth screaming that anyone who believes in conspiracy is paranoid!
Marrs does a good job even if most of his material is quoted from other sources. You can ignore reviewers who claim his sources are not reliable. On page 13 Marrs quotes British prime minister Disraeli, President Wilson, Supreme Court Justice Frankfurter among other RELIABLE sources who admit knowledge of world conspiracy. On page 7, one of the most eminent historians, Dr. Carroll Quigley of Harvard, states in his TRAGEDY AND HOPE that he believes his book was suppressed when it was "withdrawn suddenly by a major New York publisher." Dr. Quigley's book explains that he was an "insider" and knew the facts of world conspiracy. (this is an interesting 1300 page tome that gives the reader the feeling that Quigley absolutely knew of the conspiracy and approved of it!) How much more reliable can a source be? Of course there will always be those who will argue that Quigley, Disraeli, Wilson and Frankfurter were delusional too!
Perhaps the negative reviewers should be seen as either: 1) paid off to launch attacks, 2) angry and bitter about anyone who would disturb their little view of how everything's okay, or 3) wrong.
Again, if you are satisfied with the Warren Commission's explanation of JFK's assasination then this book is not for you. However, if you have more courage than the bleating sheep and more integrity than the lying wolves, you will find this book an extremely fine resource in sorting out what is really happening in the world. I have listed this book in the bibliography of my book which is about what to DO once we understand that there is a conspiracy afoot. HOW TO SAVE AMERICA AND THE WORLD: The Elimination of Terrorism, Greed and Other Evils, by Joseph Francione explains many of the other problems in our society and how to solve them. Once you know that there are those who would steal your freedom, health and wealth, you need to know what to do about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rule by Secrecy is great alternative view of the Current Governing System of the World..., Dec 5 2011
This book is more like a nice collection of intro/ executive summary to other CONSPIRACY books. CONSPIRACY...Really?? They make more logic sense than what our media or our education is providing us. If you want to stop drinking kool-aid like the government wants you to, then you should pick this up...

4.0 out of 5 stars Good over view, June 20 2004
It presents a good overview of the various conspiracy theories and elite organizations, but I think it tries to crunch on too many at the same time and falls a little short of the mark in wrapping it all up in the end. I don't think anybody could wrap it all up at the end because it is just too big. But that doesn't detract from the individual sections before that. Jim Marrs is one of the best writers in the genre, and this another good read from the author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Beginning, Inexplicable Conclusion, May 27 2004
Kari L. Black "neurophoenix" (Keswick, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This book is truly brilliant over its first three sections. One might say that it views the history of western civilization through a lens that most of us would rather avoid. That lens is the notion that we are not really free, but are being manipulated by powerful individuals who only have their own best interests at heart. It is very disconcerting to contemplate the possibility that the work we do, the living we make, benefits the power elite more than it will ever benefit us. Moreover, the idea that the living we make, or try to make, actually makes us more subservient to the power elite, would sound like insane paranoia to most people. This is an idea that the vast majority of the middle and working class would never, ever entertain, much less seriously consider. Marrs argues that such ideas are probably true. In the first three sections he articulates the methods and motives of those that own the political and economic engines that power western civilization. If you think that Homo Sapiens is essentially a pack animal that naturally organizes itself into social pecking orders; and that this pack animal mentality makes it almost impossible for most of us to seriously question and defy authority; then you can accept the description of political power that Jim Marrs offers in this book. If you don't seriously believe that such control of the masses is possible you will never be convinced by any argument. Marrs goes beyond mere paranoid conspiracy by describing in great detail the history of political control in western civilization. If the book stopped after section three it would be a brilliant piece of alternative history. Unfortunately, Marrs inexplicably enters Chariots of the Gods territory to find an origin for the control of human societies by the power elite. He suggests that Sitchen's interpretation of Sumerian creation myths is the most "compelling" explanation for the origin of homo sapiens as well as the origin of the secret societies that currently control the shape and purpose of our society. In a few dozen pages he destroys the credibility of an argument meticulously constructed in the first three hundred or so pages. Why? Perhaps he just didn't know when to stop. It almost seems that the last section of the book is purposefully meant to undermine what preceded it. There is simply no need to extend the "rule by secrecy" argument into aliens-genetically-manipulated-us territory. Why, Jim, why? I can accept the possiblity that humans have developed highly advanced cultures in prehistoric times, since our species has existed with the same capacity for languistic and intellectual expression for tens of thousands of years. I can believe that we have risen to great technical and philosophical heights many, many times only to destroy ourselves. There is no need to bring ET into the equation. We can be as brilliant, stupid, wonderful and ugly as we need to be to create and ruin our societies, and rise from our own ashes time and time again. The hidden history of human evolution and cultural expression is probably fascinating enough without having to turn it into bad science fiction. Having said that, I highly recommend Rule By Secrecy to anyone that wants to understand who runs the show we call western civilization, how they do it, and why. Come to your own conclusions about the last section; but don't let it sour you on the brilliance of the text that precedes it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Marrs does it again, in black, white and 'Grey'..., May 26 2004
Jim Marrs brings his usual insight to this book, more than any other one the easiest to understand of all of the "Total Truth" books (volumes that aren't just focused on one area, persay). He begins with a basic panoramic view of the world today, and then he brings us, one backstep at a time, throughout history, explaining Wars, Revolutions, myths, (I learned about the origins of the sinister connotations of Friday The 13th here before I read The Da Vinci Code) and, of course, Secret Societies and their hidden agendas. It is all here, probably as well researched as any of this information can be, for you to decide for yourself. The Icke-ish Reptillian theory maybe the hardest for people to buy, but, as one reviewer somewhere pointed out, if we can evolve from Monkeys, why not another animal? And if you have trouble believing huge Reptiles once ruled the earth, go talk to a Palentologist. Four Stars instead of Five because the Civil War chapter doesn't build a strong enough case for the possibility Rothschild influence. Definite must read, great place to start for Hidden Agendas

3.0 out of 5 stars Conspriacy theory, little support, suprise?, May 19 2004
Bradley Slavik "Prometheus" (Cary, IL USA) - See all my reviews
Author makes a number of very interesting claims. His support for the claims is minimal, often quotes apparently taken out of context. Does the author understand Greek|Roman|Babylonian|Sumerian mythology? I have to disagree with many of the mappings made by the author trying to pigeonhole these different ways to organize the world as a surjection. I particularly dislike the sparse evidence of alien ancestors and previous nuclear wars on earth. I hope you don't think that my review is a spoiler because I told you that. If there was a previous atomic bomb detonation, show me the evidence. This should not be difficult, there should be a LOT of it. I also wish there were more solid evidence for these secret societies. What really needs to be done is to create a hypertext document with assertions that you can verify by clicking on them and reading the entire relevant sections of supporting documents and judge for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a must read for the entire population of America., March 29 2004
By A Customer
It may be true that there are other books out there by William Bramley, David Icke, and others that cover some of the same material that Mr. Marrs covers in this book but that isn't the whole story. Anyone that writes that you should save your money on this one has to make you think. I mean, I bought this book just because of the negative reviews I read to see if I would agree. After finishing the entire book I have to say this is a must read for the entire population of America.
It seems to me that anyone saying it is just another boogie man story is either in denial or is following an agenda to keep this secret. It is a book of the facts that are out there for anyone to see. On some issues I simply couldn't believe the information I read so I searched out and found the book "Secrets of the Federal Reserve" by Eustace Mullins at my local library to confirm this authors claims.
Several more times I found information I simply could not bring myself to believe and each time I found that Mr. Marrs is correct. There is no gray area here. Its black and white. Yes, Mr. Marrs quotes some of the more controversial authors, and yes, he shares his own views at times, but for the most part the entire book is a book of objective information interpretted just the way I would interpret it myself had I been the one who researched it. If you are the type that just can't let go of your own little paradigm of the Universe don't buy this book. It will shake you up.
I have read books like this before but this is the best of the best to come out on this topic that I've seen. If you really think that our Presidents are elected and you think you have a pretty good bead on things you will be rudely awakened to the fact that they are selected, not elected after reading all of this information. You will realize as I did that the Mass Media is joined at the hip with the secret societies and Governments of the world. We've been deceived and the truth is starting to break the damn of secrecy down. Let us all hope that by the time the damn breaks it isn't too late.
There is a boogie man alright, several families of them in fact, and they laugh at the citizens of the United States and the world all the way to the bank everyday. Read this book before it gets banned. It will rock your world.
If you like conspiracy books Here are a few. Having read the TOP books in the Government Cover-up Genre; "Unconventional Flying Objects" (NASA UFO Investigator for 30 years) by the scientist Dr. Paul Hill; my FAVORITE is "Alien Rapture" by Brad Steiger and Edgar Fouche (Top Secret Black Programs Insider) - (Great fiction-soon to be a movie); "Alien Agenda" by the best selling author of 'Crossfire' Jim Marrs (Best reference on UFOlogy); and "The Day After Roswell," by Colonel Corso - I'd say these books are a MUST READ also!

ARRAY(0xb48e79fc)