5.0 out of 5 stars This book breathes life into a business
This is the first of many times I will read this book, very insightful. I am very enthusiastic about committing these principles to my current business. Looking forward to identifying where I really see my business going.
Published 14 months ago by Jason (DuctDude)

2.0 out of 5 stars It puts a hook in your mouth.
Published on Oct. 21 2003

2.0 out of 5 stars It puts a hook in your mouth., Oct. 21 2003
By A Customer
This book is filled with wonderful ideas and philosophies. They all make sense and seem to put you on the path to the realization of your goals. The problem is that not all the keys to making the ideas work that you could actually put into practice are provided in the book. The idea of the book seems to be to get the reader excited and then point them to a web site where one can sign up for classes (at a healthy fee) to learn the fundementals of the systems and how to put them to use. The limited scope of the book was no doubt designed to provide the author, Mr. Gerber, with more income than he receives just through book sales. I would be very cautious before getting hooked because the "rest of the story" is provided in a lengthy process that is quite expensive.

2.0 out of 5 stars I don't like anecdotes, March 1 2014
This review is from: The E-Myth Contractor: Why Most Contractors' Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It (Paperback)
This book is full of anecdotes. I don't learn well by reading them. Far too skeptical to take anecdotes seriously and didn't get anything from the book. I understand that lots of people love anecdotes and that they learn well from them. This book is for them. Not me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pure Fluff, Oct. 14 2013
As a professional contractor, this book was a disappointment. For those with limited time, which is everyone these days, this was a total waste of time. This book is nothing more than a sales gimmick to promote the author's alternate business. Save your time and your money - move on.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book breathes life into a business, May 27 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Another "Tool" for your Toolbelt!, May 31 2002
C.B.G. (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I have recently finished reading The E-Myth Contractor "Why Most Contractors' Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It" (for the second time) and once again Michael Gerber (author of E-Myth Revisited) "hits the nail on the head." Not only does the E-Myth Contractor motivate and inspire, it provides simple "tools" that will help you put your business and life into perspective -- Michael Gerber suggests, "that they are one in the same!" The E-Myth Contractor is well written, to-the-point and an easy read. In this book, you will find out what makes most companies successful and how you can apply those principles and systems to your business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another of Micheals Great Books, June 21 2002
K. W. G. (Sioux City, IA United States) - See all my reviews
His tremendous ability to see through the mental tunnel vision we all have as business owners is unbeliveably beneficial to us all. This book continues to reveal us to what I am personally experiencing, his results oriented, methodical and proven E-Myth Mastery Program. This book is fantastic and helps contrator business owners get a taste of his ideas and processes. It prepares the business owner for what each contractor should go through - The Emyth Mastery Program. This program is unquestionably the world's best business development program. I have been in the program for over 10 months and I have seen substantial improvement in my operations of my business. I look forward to reaching my Primary Aim by utilizing everything I have learned from Micheals books and programs in the years to come!!

4.0 out of 5 stars eye opener, March 27 2004
"hernando5" (Plymouth, MA United States) - See all my reviews
If you're starting a business, any business, the contents are a must for you. It looks outside the box and makes you think from the correct prospective of a business owner. I agree with the previous reviewer stating that it is just a "hook" to get you to buy into the more expensive, and extensive, e-Myth program. Take this book for what it is. Lots of good learning tools.

5.0 out of 5 stars A welcome extenstion to his other books, June 3 2002
John C. Dunbar (Sugar Land, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Gerber's books on the EMyth should be required reading in MBA schools and should be provided free by all CPA's of the world.
He describes how you need to work ON your business (developing franchiseable systems) rather than IN your business (as a worker).
This book extends that theme for contractors. There is alot of new material here that updates previous versions. I was able to read it quickly in an afternoon... even after extensive underlinings. I went to his web site and researched other books here on Amazon.
Overall, this should be recommended reading for any entrepreneur, particularly those that have been in business for several years and are frustrated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Tool for Your Toolbelt, May 31 2002
Kurt G. "carolbg25" (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Many Chiefs, May 21 2002
Carolyn G. Billick "mystical garden" (Denver, Co. USA) - See all my reviews
I was initially impressed when I first started reading Gerber.
He quickly captures your attention with well described scenarios
of everyday business problems.
Small contractor can identify with time, employee,
and cash flow issues.
The second one half of the book moves rapidly to conceptual
rather than the practical solutions to the initial problems.
We all know we need a "business plan", and we all know
at times that we need to read "inspirational material" to boost
our spirit.
I found this book somewhat lacking in a more concise
and specific formula that was promised to create
the changes needed to alleviate the common woes.
In the very end you are left with the same problem:
someone has to be in charge. An office or a business
left with all the chiefs running amuck is
a dangerous situation. I give this
book one thumb down.