5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy extension to the E-Myth curriculum
I profess to being a big fan of Michael Gerber. The E-Myth is the master mentoring program... while pricey, it is resonant with the human spirit, and its principles are grounded and accurate.
Published on April 21 2002 by Christopher

2.0 out of 5 stars It puts a hook in your mouth.
Published on Oct. 21 2003

2.0 out of 5 stars It puts a hook in your mouth., Oct. 21 2003
By A Customer
This book is filled with wonderful ideas and philosophies. They all make sense and seem to put you on the path to the realization of your goals. The problem is that not all the keys to making the ideas work that you could actually put into practice are provided in the book. The idea of the book seems to be to get the reader excited and then point them to a web site where one can sign up for classes (at a healthy fee) to learn the fundementals of the systems and how to put them to use. The limited scope of the book was no doubt designed to provide the author, Mr. Gerber, with more income than he receives just through book sales. I would be very cautious before getting hooked because the "rest of the story" is provided in a lengthy process that is quite expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy extension to the E-Myth curriculum, April 21 2002
Christopher (Seattle, Washington, USA) - See all my reviews
This book for contractors is small and light, and will fit easily in your shoulder bag. You can read it in an hour, yet you can re-read it every week and gain new value. That's the idea, I think.
And the previous reviewer was incorrect... nay, they were flat-out wrong: The content in this book is *completely new*, an extension to the E-Myth book. Chapters on Money, Planning, Change, and Customers extend the existing E-Myth library, and are in themselves terse and inspirational. In fact, everyone, I believe, can benefit from this book, as the concept of Contracting is very much the same as normal Business. But I repeat: even if you have read the first E-Myth book, you still need to read this one.
And towards the end, the author shifts from mentor to guru, teaching the necessary discipline that will bring you freedom. Michael Gerber is the coach we wish we all had. But all of his great work is encoded in the E-Myth program, a subject that should be standard study in all school curricula. Gerber's a legend, and all of his books are keepers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Many Chiefs, May 21 2002
Carolyn G. Billick "mystical garden" (Denver, Co. USA) - See all my reviews
I was initially impressed when I first started reading Gerber.
He quickly captures your attention with well described scenarios
of everyday business problems.
Small contractor can identify with time, employee,
and cash flow issues.
The second one half of the book moves rapidly to conceptual
rather than the practical solutions to the initial problems.
We all know we need a "business plan", and we all know
at times that we need to read "inspirational material" to boost
our spirit.
I found this book somewhat lacking in a more concise
and specific formula that was promised to create
the changes needed to alleviate the common woes.
In the very end you are left with the same problem:
someone has to be in charge. An office or a business
left with all the chiefs running amuck is
a dangerous situation. I give this
book one thumb down.
C. Billick

5.0 out of 5 stars A welcome extenstion to his other books, June 3 2002
John C. Dunbar (Sugar Land, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Gerber's books on the EMyth should be required reading in MBA schools and should be provided free by all CPA's of the world.
He describes how you need to work ON your business (developing franchiseable systems) rather than IN your business (as a worker).
This book extends that theme for contractors. There is alot of new material here that updates previous versions. I was able to read it quickly in an afternoon... even after extensive underlinings. I went to his web site and researched other books here on Amazon.
Overall, this should be recommended reading for any entrepreneur, particularly those that have been in business for several years and are frustrated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another "Tool" for your Toolbelt!, May 31 2002
C.B.G. (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I have recently finished reading The E-Myth Contractor "Why Most Contractors' Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It" (for the second time) and once again Michael Gerber (author of E-Myth Revisited) "hits the nail on the head." Not only does the E-Myth Contractor motivate and inspire, it provides simple "tools" that will help you put your business and life into perspective -- Michael Gerber suggests, "that they are one in the same!" The E-Myth Contractor is well written, to-the-point and an easy read. In this book, you will find out what makes most companies successful and how you can apply those principles and systems to your business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Tool for Your Toolbelt, May 31 2002
Kurt G. "carolbg25" (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Same content - different package, April 5 2002
By A Customer
I thoroughly enjoyed the E-Myth Revisited. I thought there was a lot of good material and direction for me to follow.
I was excited to see that the author was coming out with a contractor version that I hoped would fit my company even better. I was disappointed to find that it really wasn't much more than the first book, somewhat refocused.
Between reading the two books, I contacted the company to see about using their consulting services. It became clear to me that the principles presented in the books, which they ask business operators to live up to, are not implemented in the E-Myth company very well at all. - Very disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars eye opener, March 27 2004
"hernando5" (Plymouth, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The E-Myth Contractor: Why Most Contractors' Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It (Paperback)
If you're starting a business, any business, the contents are a must for you. It looks outside the box and makes you think from the correct prospective of a business owner. I agree with the previous reviewer stating that it is just a "hook" to get you to buy into the more expensive, and extensive, e-Myth program. Take this book for what it is. Lots of good learning tools.

4.0 out of 5 stars The E-myth Contractor, Feb. 22 2002
By A Customer
I enjoyed this book. It really gets you thinking about how your business should be operated and opened my eyes to how little I was paying attention to the most important aspects of running my business. I hope to start implementing many of these ideas right away in my business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another of Micheals Great Books, June 21 2002
K. W. G. (Sioux City, IA United States) - See all my reviews
His tremendous ability to see through the mental tunnel vision we all have as business owners is unbeliveably beneficial to us all. This book continues to reveal us to what I am personally experiencing, his results oriented, methodical and proven E-Myth Mastery Program. This book is fantastic and helps contrator business owners get a taste of his ideas and processes. It prepares the business owner for what each contractor should go through - The Emyth Mastery Program. This program is unquestionably the world's best business development program. I have been in the program for over 10 months and I have seen substantial improvement in my operations of my business. I look forward to reaching my Primary Aim by utilizing everything I have learned from Micheals books and programs in the years to come!!

CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 14.43