5.0 out of 5 stars What Goes On in The Senate and The FBI
While Jeffrey Archer's previous 2 books, "Kane & Abel," and "The Prodigal Daughter," are are romance, politics, business, and a blend of history, with creativity, "Shall We Tell the President," is a blend of politics and law enforcement on a level that most of us probably haven't considered is possible.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading...
Published on Sept. 9 2003 by Carmen Matthews

3.0 out of 5 stars a good read
Far too many names for mr to keep up with, but otherwise a good read. Not uptown Archer's usual standard
Published 11 months ago by Valerie How

5.0 out of 5 stars What Goes On in The Senate and The FBI, Sept. 9 2003
Carmen Matthews "The Serene Samurai" (San Diego, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shall We Tell the President? (Mass Market Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, because Mr. Archer, being a master at his craft, created so many word pictures that you become part of the story.
Watching Senate hearings, as a result of reading this book, I have more questions in mind.
There are many surprizes, especially in the last 50 pages. And there are some speeches in this story that provide the readers with a great deal to think about, in terms of homeland security.
It's a fast read -- not too heavy, yet this book will stretch your mind, as a good book should.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, Fabulous, Fascinating!, April 20 2000
This review is from: Shall We Tell the President? (Mass Market Paperback)
This is certainly a must-read! I have yet to award any books that I have reviewed with 5 stars and this is certainly the first and most deserving one!
The President is about to be assassinated and the FBI has 6 days to track the culprit. Archer uses twists and turns in his writing and together with love and lust, bringing the story to a thought-provoking culmination giving the story more thrill and meaning.
Appreciate this authentic mystery story, read "Shall we Tell the President"! I assure you a sweaty time reading at the edge of your chairs!

3.0 out of 5 stars a good read, Aug. 4 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what you could have expected from Archer, Feb. 1 2003
This review is from: Shall We Tell the President? (Mass Market Paperback)
If you want to read this book you must be one of this three kinds of people:
1)Archer-nut - a person who reads everything by this author. It's a must for you then, so you must read it anyway. You just should know it's as good as other Archers.
2)fun of spy and thriller books - you must have read "The Day of the Jackal" and you look for something as exciting. You must be warned, that it's much different. The story is propably similar but Archer - in stead of details - has a much more extended plot. And it's not so serious, so if look for first-hand experience in dealing with assasins it's not suitable for you.
3)reader of everything - if everything, so why you read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Jeffrey Archer Book, Aug. 8 2002
Tim Sole (La Pine, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shall We Tell the President? (Mass Market Paperback)
About a young FBI agent who gets involved way over his head. It's another one that you just can't put down, because Archer keeps you wonder just what will happen next!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, Jan. 31 2001
Shams (Amman, Jordan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shall We Tell the President? (Mass Market Paperback)
I've never read a book so fast, I got very into it that I finished it in two days and bit all my nails!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Archer's best but still a suspenseful enough read, March 8 2003
This review is from: Shall We Tell the President? (Mass Market Paperback)
Sequentially, this book seems to follow Kane and Abel and The Prodigal Daughter. However, it is more a thriller rather than drama as in the other two books. The President is now in danger of being assassinated and things must be done fast. The narrative is pacy and never tedious. Archer's gift of plot and fluent writing keep us turning the pages once again.

3.0 out of 5 stars The History Teacher Strikes Back!, Dec 18 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Shall We Tell the President? (Mass Market Paperback)
Not his best, although still a very good read. However, one thing that scared me most in the whole book...Mark Andrews is my history teacher, and the description that Archer wrote is far too similar to my teacher! Plus, my friend fancies him, so we all had a good laugh about that one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting look into FBI, Sept. 2 2000
This review is from: Shall We Tell the President? (Mass Market Paperback)
Shall We... was an interesting example of how distrustful even people in our nation's top law enforcement agency should be of their counterparts and coworkers. While the plot thickened and twisted throughout the book, I would have liked more FBI interaction with the Executive Office, Secret Service, etc. The last couple of chapters quicken the pace of the book as everyone gets involved to save the country's first female president.

3.0 out of 5 stars All Depends on When you read it!, July 25 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Shall We Tell the President? (Mass Market Paperback)
For those of who don't know, Archer has re-released this book as the third and final installment in the Kane and Abel trilogy. While it does have a good and exciting plot, it fails to live up to Kane and Abel and The Prodigal Daughter. If you read this book stand alone, you will enjoy it. However, if you read this book as part of the trilogy, you will come away slightly disappointed. Florentyna is really a minor character in the book and the only really new piece of information that we learn about her is that she defeated a former New York congressman (Jack Kemp?) in 1996 to win election in her own right. I wish that Archer had left "Shall we tell the President" alone and written a completely different book as the third installment.

Shall We Tell the President?
Shall We Tell the President? (Mass Market Paperback)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01