Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Fall Tools Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store

on February 6, 2013
Thank you so much! The book is great and helped save me a lot of money on my books this semester for school.
on December 31, 2006
John Wood's chronicle of his personal and professional transformation from Microsoft executive to "Micro-Charity" founder is a must read for any aspiring entrepreneur, global traveler, teacher, volunteer and philanthropist.
on September 9, 2006
It is a rare find to have top-tier business skills, a fierce compassion for people and a successful track-record of reaching for the stars, and pulling them in; John Wood is such a find, and his book, "Leaving Microsoft to Change the World" gives us the opportunity to find it as well.

John's heroic odyssey is so captivating and honest, that it's enjoyment factor almost masks the plethora of lessons and insights coming through page after page. This is a must read for anyone wanting to up-the-ante on their own expectations for life, leadership or impact in the world.

Not only does John's story inspire the heart to aim higher, it pinpoints the rigor and awareness required to get there. It is impossible to read this book and see your own potential in the same way ever again. John Wood has us believe there's more -- lots more -- and he provides the hope, and means, to pursue it!
on September 5, 2006
John Wood's "Leaving Microsoft to Change the World" is absolutely incredible! It's an inspirational story of how one man came to decide he wanted to make a positive difference in our world, and outlines how he proceeded to do so by founding "Room to Read", an international organization dedicated to providing schools, libraries, educational scholarships for girls, and books to communities who need them.

John's obvious passion for what he's doing comes through loud and clear in the book; his refreshing honesty and informal writing style makes "Leaving Microsoft to Change the World" less like a book and more like a conversation with a close friend.

The author does a wonderful job of evoking various emotions in the reader; some of his witty observations and social commentary found throughout the book will force you to laugh out loud! And some of his heart-warming recollections of the people he has encountered on his journey thus far will simply warm your heart.

If you've ever asked yourself "how does what I do matter?" or "how can I make the world a better place?", you'll definitely want to pick up a copy of "Leaving Microsoft to Change the World". The book shows us not only how one person can make a difference, but also how even those who don't decide to take the dramatic step of leaving their careers to become full-time fundraisers can help change the world, one book at a time.

Full disclosure: I had the privilege of meeting John three weeks ago when he was brought in as a guest speaker for a corporate conference I attended; the speech he gave to our group was both inspirational and motivational, and it made me quite excited to begin reading the advance copy of the book each conference delegate was given. As a result of John's terrific prose, I finished the book quickly and have since lent it to two of my friends!