Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store NFL Tools

Being Wrong: Adventures in the Margin of Error
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$15.45+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on May 27, 2010
Look back at the last argument you had with your loved one. Remember the things you said, and how you said them, simply to prove you were right. It is so easy to see the error in others and be blind to it in ourselves.

In Being Wrong: Adventures In The Margin Of Error, Kathryn Schulz takes you on a journey through the world of "wrongology". From the trivial (getting the time wrong for a reservation at a restaurant) to the life threatening (medical errors), Ms. Schulz examines the importance of accepting the inevitability of error and understanding the value of it in our lives.

Ultimately, it is wrongness, not rightness, that can teach us who we are. It is the ability to accept responsibility for our errors and learn from them that allows us as to grow and develop as individuals, organizations and nations.

Take my advice and read this book. I know you'll enjoy it because I'm never wrong.
on August 9, 2011
Just really, really liked it. It's smart, funny, wise, ironic, generous and fun. I'm more aware of the mistakes I make, and more forgiving of myself when I make them. A good read.
on September 13, 2013
Great book. Really recommending reading it. Wish I didn't had to type 20 wards when I don't have anything to say
TOP 50 REVIEWERon July 23, 2011
This book is a very entertaining and learned tour of wrongness and error in human history and psychology. However, look elsewhere for any kind of strong advice about how to handle your error-prone ways. This book just proves that the only remedy, seemingly, is to be philosophical about it and move along. There's really nothing else that can be done.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again

Customers who viewed this item also viewed
The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload
The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload by Daniel J Levitin (Paperback - July 28 2015)
CDN$ 15.00

Think Twice: Harnessing the Power of Counterintuition
Think Twice: Harnessing the Power of Counterintuition by Michael J. Mauboussin (Paperback - Nov. 6 2012)
CDN$ 13.87

This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. the Climate
This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. the Climate by Naomi Klein (Paperback - Aug. 4 2015)
CDN$ 15.00