5.0 out of 5 stars (DON'T FEAR) THE RED REAPER
Published on Aug. 16 2010 by Buggy

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting book
Its a good book and i really like the character of the book.. but you need to love stories about vampire, ghost and superpower.. and its a love story
Published 12 months ago by Kyky Côté

5.0 out of 5 stars (DON'T FEAR) THE RED REAPER, Aug. 16 2010
Buggy "SUNNIE Day reader" (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Ce commentaire est de: One Foot In The Grave (Night Huntress, Book 2) (Mass Market Paperback)
Gah... This was just all kinds of ways good, the question here is why did I leave the delicious and uber sexy Bones sitting on my TBR shelf for so long? I mean I knew this was going to be great, I figured Cat was going to kick some major butt and I'd already heard all the rumours about the infamous chapter 32 So why the wait?? I just don't have an answer. Anyways I loved this second part in the Night Huntress series.

So where to begin? How about awesome, exciting, erotic, hilarious, bloody, sigh-worthy, movie-worthy, clever, romantic, thrilling, passionate, vengeful, intense, emotional, surprising, freakin fantastic and ultimately addictive. One Foot In The Grave gave me everything I could possibly want in a paranormal romance and then some.

Half Vampire Cat Crawfield is now working for an underground section of the government. She and her (awesome) team help rid the world of those bad rogue Vampires. You know the ones that use humans as hors d'oeuvres. When we begin Cat hasn't seen her beloved Bones in 4 years although she's still using everything he taught her, still quick with a dagger and still slaying readers with witty one-liners.

One of the great parts of this book is the anticipation the reader feels waiting and wondering when and just how they're going to get back together. And I will admit I was surprised at seeing this softer broken side of Cat that still pined for Bones (who wouldn't) Ultimately their reunion is everything you'd hope for; violent, romantic, hilarious and very sexy. (It also left me craving a Gin) Bones is once more unwavering in his love for Cat, luscious to listen to and retains his title as my ultimate literary boyfriend.

With Bones back in her life Cat now has some explaining to do. Like why is he still alive? There are more pressing issues to deal with though and with her team "merely" human the only one able to protect her from the master Vampire who's targeted her for assassination is Bones. All Cat's got to do is train and keep her team alive, deal with that pesky hit man, do full contact Pilates with Bone's ex and kill her father. All without losing Bones again in the process.

So as you've guessed I loved this and although I'm not one for the tough action heroines Cat in a brawl with the bodies piling up is just too awesome and that last battle with the 7ft Grendel is something else. My only complaint here would have to be Cat's mother and her continued arguments with Bones which both annoyed and bored me. However we're given a bunch of fabulous new secondary characters to drool over, who I hope to continue getting to know as the series continues. In particular the newly transformed Dave (although I adored the entire team) and a couple of charming new Vamps. And I promise I won't keep Bones on the shelf for another year. Cheers

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Awesome!, Feb. 13 2010
Tynga's Reviews (Quebec,Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
How amazing that book is? I'm at lost for words to explain how much I loved the second installment in the Night Huntress series.

Cat is powerful, sexy, resourceful and full of surprises. She is now a Federal agent killing and capturing vamps for the greater good. Working with a crew of very unique men, Cat is dully doing her job trying not to think of her one true love, Bones.

I'd like to take a moment to mention that I love Tate, Juan, Dave and Cooper, Cat's co-worker because they are all different, funny and they would do anything for their beloved Cat. They would give their lives for her, and so would she.
Bones is as sexy as ever, smoldering hot isn't a strong enough word, I just love the guy to the bones (pun intended).
We were also introduced to Denise and Randy in that book. Denise is Cat's best friend and Randy her new husband, they weren't major characters, but I'm hoping we'll discover more about them in the future books!

There were so many treason and lies revealed in this book, it was insane. There is a lot more to the whole story than you think at first, and it's stunning to see all the events unfold that way.

Jeaniene is truly a genius, I loves the characters, love the story, I can't have enough of Jeaniene's writing!

I have the next two books in the series, and I am trying to hold back a bit to make the pleasure last, I don't want to rush through the whole series, but geez it's gonna be hard lol

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT !!!!, May 7 2009
PUT IT THIS WAY. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 4TH BOOK TO COME OUT ( I ALREADY PRE-ORDERD IT ). THERE WAS ACTION,LOVE. I HAD A HARD TIME PUTTING IT DOWN. IF JEANIENE FROST CAN ONLY WRITE FASTER...

4.0 out of 5 stars Cat and Bones. book 2, May 12 2014
Bootsy Bass (Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
One foot in the Grave is a good second book in the Cat and Bones series. Other than the fact it seems a little formulaic their is lots of action and character development. The book does seem to follow the traditional Urban Vampire formula and you can almost predict all the outcomes. But a good solid read. I will buy book 3.

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting book, Nov. 24 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)

4.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the first, Jan. 23 2012
Given the amount of press this series has gotten and the fact that it still seems to be going strong I was hopeful that book two would be better than the series opener. It was. We get more of that wonderful Cat and Bones chemistry and I loved the new characters. Cat's role in a super secret supernatural hit squad was great. I liked the interaction between Cat and her team and I really began to feel invested in the people (?). I pretty much just read straight through and the ending had me perched on the edge of my seat. I liked the resolution - a little predictable but it did have a twist that kept me interested till the very last page. Moving on to book three.

One Foot In The Grave (Night Huntress, Book 2)
One Foot In The Grave (Night Huntress, Book 2) by Jeaniene Frost (Mass Market Paperback - April 14 2008)
CDN$ 8.99 CDN$ 8.54