5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't stop reading this book
Published on April 25 2009 by Michelle

2.0 out of 5 stars No Character Development
This novel had me confused almost immediately with it's lack of character and relationship development. I simply could not get absorbed into this story because I just couldn't believe the feelings that the characters were going through. Very disappointing.
Published on April 21 2009 by Darder

4.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too, May 20 2009
This review is from: Stargazer (Hardcover)
As her second year at Evernight Academy begins, Bianca wants nothing more than to see her boyfriend, Lucas, again. But the distance between them - she the daughter of two vampires, he a trained vampire hunter - makes her wonder if they'll ever be together.

So when Lucas manages to get a message to her, arranging to meet in secret, she's willing to do anything to make that happen. Even if it means sneaking around the school trying to discover the secret Lucas's family so desperately wants to discover. Even if it means pretending to date Balthazar, Lucas's rival, as an excuse to leave school grounds.

As if all that didn't complicate her life enough, Bianca realizes there's something scarier than vampires lurking within Evernight's walls. Something that has a particular interest in her. Soon, Bianca finds herself questioning everything she thought she knew: about vampires, about her love for Lucas, and about who and what she really is.

Fans of EVERNIGHT will be delighted with this sequel, which offers the same passionate romance and Gothic mystery as the first book, combined with intriguing new characters and conflicts. Bianca continues to struggle to take control of her destiny, balancing strength and vulnerability. Supporting characters like Balthazar and Raquel, Bianca's human friend, reveal more of their complex histories.

Readers may find that, for everything that happens, rather little is resolved, but that will only make them all the more eager for the third volume of this intense and suspenseful series.

Reviewed by: Lynn Crow

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't stop reading this book, April 25 2009
This review is from: Stargazer (Hardcover)
I was waiting along time after Evernight to get this book. It was well worth the wait! What an amazing story. It just picked up where Evernight left off and had me glued to the book the whole time. I love how the author can keep me so absorbed into this book, especially with the love story. Definitely a good pick! I'm so glad I bought it. I can't wait for the next book of the series "hourglass", coming in 2010.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book, March 26 2009
M. Thompson (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stargazer (Hardcover)
A great page turner.The moment you read this book,you
get lost inside the story and can't wait to see how it
ends.
Again Claudia Gray surprises me with a good book to
read.

Full of mystery,romance and suspense.
Keep it up Claudia

4.0 out of 5 stars Frosy @Books Like Fairytales >>[...], April 6 2011
[...]

In the first book we are left with Lucas leaving Evernight, a school occupied mostly by vampires, because he was a vampire hunter. Bianca is a vampire-sort of.
I put off reading this because I was so mad after reading the first book. I just couldn't believe how Bianca, since the series comes from her point of view, could actually lie about what she is.
During the first half of Evernight you have no idea what is happening and then suddenly we discover Bianca is a vampire, drinking blood from cups all this time.
Nevertheless, I got over it and got my hands on Stargazer because of Lucas. I just had to know more about him! And I did enjoy it!

The first pages seemed to pass really quickly. Bianca in this book wasn't shy at all. In the first book Evernight we begin to know her as a shy girl but a year after, she is more confident and sure about her self and her choices. Things between her and Lucas are hard since she is still in Evernight and he's somewhere else hunting vampires. Even though it seems impossible they still manage to see each other and each time their love grows stronger.

Evernight though is still creepy and holds more secrets, that I thought was possible. I mean, I never saw this kind of twist coming up. The author managed to surprise me once more (in a good way this time) with a twist in Bianca's life and I was a little bit socked how she managed to join vampires and ghosts into the story.

Lucas and Bianca's moments left me breathless and can't wait to grab Hourglass to see what happens to them next. They have so many obstacles to overcome that I wonder when they'll get a chance just to be.

I liked Balthazar's character growth. We got a glimpse of his life and how he was turned into a vampire. I liked him and it was hard not to route for him, since he has a major crush on Bianca. I loved Lucas, especially when he was jealous. He was irresistible. Lucas did also grow in this book. He learned that not everything around him is white and black, and learned, first to think then to act. Bianca played a huge role there.

Overall, I liked it. Claudia Gray managed to create an eerie atmosphere focusing on the romance and mysteries of Evernight. I would recommend reading this even if you slightly liked Evernight. This book is much better than Evernight and can hope the rest of the books are as good as this if not better.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!!, Aug. 27 2009
C. J. Aubie "Carrie" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stargazer (Hardcover)
Just like with Evernight, I couldn't put it down. If it hadn't have been for working I would have had it finished in one day as well... with work it took two. I cannot wait for the 3rd and 4th books.

2.0 out of 5 stars No Character Development, April 21 2009

Stargazer
Stargazer by Claudia Gray (Paperback - Feb. 1 2010)
CDN$ 9.99