march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Hardcover|Change

on May 22, 2012
Gone. The mystery revolving the FAYZ, Fallout Alley Youth Zone, the barrier surrounding them, hurt to the touch. Little Pete, the autistic 3 year old that kept them in this nightmare, now in a coma.

The series progressed with so much enthusiasm on intense scenes. This is no exception. The story is broken up, as usual, into many characters perspective.

I loved this entry to the series because it changed your opinion on some of the characters. The menacing Caine seems more vulnerable in this story, more likeable. He is still sadistic, but Diana has changed him, in one way or another. Without spoiling anything, Caine second guesses his decisions because of Diana, so she did change him, partially.

Sam, the leader, is sent on a mission, by Albert, to find a new source of water because Perdido Beach`s supply is running low. This leaves Perdido Beach defenceless. The story telling is top notch, just as before, and is really compelling, in a weird way. The gore is raised a bar. In Hunger the gore was raised from Gone, where it was almost non existent, with E.Z.'s death, and now with the Plague, hence the title, having a 'deadly cough' quiet literately, and the mysterious alien-like creatures forming on peoples body's.

The story is more satisfying than Lies, back to it's usual 400 page length, and just as readable. This entry is by far my favourite book in the GONE series. I am reading FEAR, and although it is really good, PLAGUE will be hard to beat.

***** - REALLY GOOD. BUY IT NOW!!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 2, 2013
There are few series out there that end as well as they started. The usual rule is that the first book is the most exciting, the one the author was really excited to get "out there", but then it's frequently like even they lost interest in the story.
Not so with Light. All the books of this series were very good, but this was by far the best, at least for me. I can't think of one thing that Michael Grant might have missed.

There is no way to give a brief explanation of what happens in this book. If you have read the first five up to this point, then you know the kids of the FAYZ will be fighting for their lives. I can only say that I was very happy about how it ended and I was delighted that there were Aftermath chapters. I'm sad that I will not be part of their lives anymore but this series will be one of my all time favorites and I may even do the unimaginable for me, I might have to re-read them all.
on July 1, 2011
This book was certainly a credit to the series. It was just as action packed and jaw-dropping as the previous three. The books have taken a darker more melodramatic turn and honestly I couldn't be more immersed, granted the first chapter isn't a great attention grabber and had me raising an eyebrow.

This book and series for that matter are not for the faint of heart, as Grant does not sugar-coat things and obviously has no problems letting his characters suffer. Plague shows a different side to those characters that we've grown accustomed to, as the panic and frustration of their situation sets in completely.

I would seriously recommend this to those who thoroughly enjoyed Gone, Hunger, and Lies.
on June 22, 2014
I bought the finale in 2013 and waited for a year to read it. Would my procrastinating be justified? Look at my rating! "Light" was probably the best conclusion to a book series I've read. Some characters got happy endings, others just got endings. My favourite scenes were "Edilio! Edilio!" and the meeting between Connie Temple and Drake (go ahead, wonder about that!).

Praise to Michael Grant for an amazing series.
on June 12, 2013
... because this was another great episode of the "Gone" series. Maybe a shade less than a few of the other books I gave five stars to, but five stars nonetheless. Big things happened (one character died for the second time!) and I really want to quote a comical line from the end of the book, but that would give away a huge plot from the story.

Sam et al - see you in "Light"!
on August 24, 2012
"Plague" is the fourth book of the "Gone" series and the third of four that I have given five stars. And how could I not? I had to stop reading the book to slow down my mind! There were great revelations, great scene-stealing from Brianna, and an ending with devious implications! I've ordered the last two books and will read them in the spring. I need to breathe, man.
on July 24, 2012
A blast to read, "Lies" nearly matched "Gone" in quality. I liked the new characters, especially Sanjit and company, and the ambiguity of some the past characters. Knowing there are three more books (at least), I really don't want this series to end.
on August 15, 2013
It is a exciting continuation to the Gone series and it might be the best of all the book (Light is up there as well). Very well done. A+
on September 2, 2011
Another great book in this series. My teenage son loves these books, he can't wait for the next book in the series.
on May 1, 2011
This book was so good it makes you want more. I truly hope he is not done telling the story about these kids.