4.0 out of 5 stars Rounding up from 3.5, Feb. 16 2012
Rory Girl (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: At Grave's End (Night Huntress, Book 3) (Mass Market Paperback)
This installment of Cat and Bones is action packed. There were many new characters introduced and while some of them made sense others just seemed like dragon fodder. The interaction between Tate, Bones and Cat was pretty entertaining but I am hoping that storyline has almost run its course. I don't want to see them cover the same ground through the whole series. Vlad was a nice addition to the cast. Frost also shows she's not afraid to kill off characters that fans might like. Having said that I think the new characters could have been fleshed out more and it would have made for a more well rounded book. I did love Cat in this one - she really shows what she is made of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really, really good read., Jan. 22 2009
I have to say this is one of the best Night Huntress's I've read. I thought Cat was such a great charcter--half human, half not, vampire--and, sounds off, I related to her. I guess it's the whole Murphy's Law thing, just when you think everything is going to fall into place, not so much and you end up with your boyfriend's foes wanting to take you out. I liked the style of writing and the humor, too. A good read, as well as the two others before it. I also liked and would recommend: Dead Sexy: Two Tales of Vampire Erotica.

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVE ME SOME BONES, Dec 27 2011
Buggy "SUNNIE Day reader" (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
AT GRAVES END is the 3rd addition to the Night Huntress series and damn I've missed me some Bones. He remains one of my favourite literary boyfriends even though this particular instalment never really grabbed me. If you're a fan of non-stop action and tons of bloodshed you'll love this but for me it was just too much.

With a different battle waging and new characters introduced every couple of pages I had a hard time getting into the flow of this story. The entire book just jumps straight from one action sequence into the next without any build up and very little story in between events. It was; finish one action filled sequence in a limo, start another at an amusement park, chaos in the movie theatre, exploding vamps during their annual general meeting. Bones opens a vein to heal Cat's wounds and off they go again. It was exhausting.

But still there was Bones and his unwavering love for Cat. Sigh. I just wish they'd had a little more quiet time together if you know what I mean. Sure there was a lot to like here, though maybe too much now that I think about it; the zombie sequence towards the end was just... wow, crazy and awesome too. Then there was Cat and Tate faking it in the limo and Bones peeling the roof off! I found myself completely engaged in the story when "someone" died but that was probably due to the fact that things slowed down enough while everybody regrouped, that we were allowed some introspection and character development.

Speaking of which there are a lot of characters to keep track of here, and I'm sorry to say that because all any of them ever did was fight I never really got to know any of them. Although Vlad managed to stand out and has become a new favourite.

There are the usual awesome one-liners and Jeanine ups the ante this time in the cool vampire powers and abilities department (who knew there were so many ways to destroy and regenerate a body?) We get makeup sex, reunion sex -although none of it very romantic and jeez do I ever want to have an argument with Bones if that's how he goes about it... way better than yelling and throwing stuff.

All in all another great addition to the series although I wouldn't start with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, May 18 2010
Tynga's Reviews (Quebec,Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Cat is working jobs for Don with her friends, Bones is by her side, and her mom is slowly progressing into acceptance of her son-in-law. One could think Cat finally got her happily ever after but they would be wrong. After a very unfortunate meet up with her father Max, all hell breaks loose and her patriarch is the least of her worries. A very ancient power, in the form of an Egyptian vampire is out to get their blood.

Frost delivered yet another action-packed novel. I really am in love with this series for it's great characters, fantastic plot and the wide range of emotions Jeaniene brings to her readers. I laughed out loud, felt like biting my nails `cause of unbearable suspense and also shed a few tears.

Cat is still as strong as ever and will show even more character when she will be in a crisis situation that can't compare to anything she ever faced. I really felt for her in that book, thanks to Jeaniene's fine writing I really shared Cat's desperation and grief. We also get to see a much more revengeful side (Is that even possible?) to Bones and he will surprise more than one, allies and foes mingled. Tate is still hanging to the hopes of being with Cat and I have to admit, while I understand his reasons, his stubbornness is starting to annoy me, I just wish he would get over it already. I was happy to see Spade and Rodney again, I really like those two, especially the latter, he just has that little something that makes him special.

We were also introduced to Vlad, also known as Dracula. Him and Bones really hate each other but I found myself quite found of him, especially after a little acting act he pulled with Cat in a cinema and after a moment when he helped Cat bounce back after a very painful event. This character has more to offer than eye can see and I really hope to see him again in the following books.
Some characters also died in this book and it really broke my heart, hopefully Jeaniene won't make an habit of killing her actors.

The end was special, we got a demonstration of what vampire powers can be like and it's rather scary. I can't wait to see the consequences in the following installments.

Overall I really love this series, I already have the fourth book at home, but I think I won't read it just yet `cause we have so long to wait until the next C&B book. If you haven't started this series yet, I strongly suggest you do, you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Night Huntress, Book Three, Feb. 20 2009
Detra Fitch (USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Catherine "Cat" Crawfield is known as the Red Reaper by the undead world. She is half human and half vampire. By her side is a Master Vampire known as Bones. Just as things are beginning to settle down for the pair of lovers, trouble rears its ugly head. Patra is determined to kill Bones and Cat is even more determined to stop her. But Patra is not just the daughter of Cleopatra, she is even older than Bones and thus, much more powerful.

Tate Bradley is Cat's second-in-command. He has deep feelings for Cat but waited far too long to confess them and lost her to Bones. Per an agreement with Don Williams, Cat's uncle and boss who leads a special department of Homeland Security, Bones turns one human from Cat's elite team into a vampire - Tate.

With the aid of a newly formed alliance (and two vampires who are very famous men in human history) they must stop some dark magic from its lethal source.

***** Jeaniene Frost has become one of my favorite authors to date. Action, danger, and intrigue run rampant throughout the story, from cover to cover. Spicy subplots keep the tensions high as the main plot keep its readers glued. This series is better than chocolate! *****

Reviewed by Detra Fitch of Huntress Reviews.

ARRAY(0xa448b450)

At Grave's End (Night Huntress, Book 3)
At Grave's End (Night Huntress, Book 3) by Jeaniene Frost (Mass Market Paperback - Dec 16 2008)
CDN$ 8.99 CDN$ 8.54