Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(4 star).Show all reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 27, 2011
AT GRAVES END is the 3rd addition to the Night Huntress series and damn I've missed me some Bones. He remains one of my favourite literary boyfriends even though this particular instalment never really grabbed me. If you're a fan of non-stop action and tons of bloodshed you'll love this but for me it was just too much.

With a different battle waging and new characters introduced every couple of pages I had a hard time getting into the flow of this story. The entire book just jumps straight from one action sequence into the next without any build up and very little story in between events. It was; finish one action filled sequence in a limo, start another at an amusement park, chaos in the movie theatre, exploding vamps during their annual general meeting. Bones opens a vein to heal Cat's wounds and off they go again. It was exhausting.

But still there was Bones and his unwavering love for Cat. Sigh. I just wish they'd had a little more quiet time together if you know what I mean. Sure there was a lot to like here, though maybe too much now that I think about it; the zombie sequence towards the end was just... wow, crazy and awesome too. Then there was Cat and Tate faking it in the limo and Bones peeling the roof off! I found myself completely engaged in the story when "someone" died but that was probably due to the fact that things slowed down enough while everybody regrouped, that we were allowed some introspection and character development.

Speaking of which there are a lot of characters to keep track of here, and I'm sorry to say that because all any of them ever did was fight I never really got to know any of them. Although Vlad managed to stand out and has become a new favourite.

There are the usual awesome one-liners and Jeanine ups the ante this time in the cool vampire powers and abilities department (who knew there were so many ways to destroy and regenerate a body?) We get makeup sex, reunion sex -although none of it very romantic and jeez do I ever want to have an argument with Bones if that's how he goes about it... way better than yelling and throwing stuff.

All in all another great addition to the series although I wouldn't start with this one.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2012
This installment of Cat and Bones is action packed. There were many new characters introduced and while some of them made sense others just seemed like dragon fodder. The interaction between Tate, Bones and Cat was pretty entertaining but I am hoping that storyline has almost run its course. I don't want to see them cover the same ground through the whole series. Vlad was a nice addition to the cast. Frost also shows she's not afraid to kill off characters that fans might like. Having said that I think the new characters could have been fleshed out more and it would have made for a more well rounded book. I did love Cat in this one - she really shows what she is made of.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse