biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-10 of 109 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on October 8, 2015
Neil Gaiman is a delight
on January 24, 2015
It is catalogued as a children's book but I believe it is enjoyable for all ages. The story keeps getting better and better in every page.
on November 15, 2014
My daughter introduced me to Neil Gaiman and I'm so glad. The book was so spooky and interesting that I ran out and picked up more of his books. Lived it!
on September 11, 2014
I can't help but find Coraline to be an amazing, frightening, fun story aimed at a young audience but appreciated by all ages. If you've watched the movie you could still enjoy the book. The graphic novel is worth a gander but so too is the original book with the original illustrations which are dark. While I adore every Neil Gaiman book I have had the pleasure to read, this book is perhaps my favourite at the moment, and that says a lot. Read it, it's worth reading!
on August 18, 2014
Great book: a strange, adventurous, fun, and an easy read.
I also really enjoyed the movie.
on July 28, 2014
A very good short story easy to read!
on May 28, 2013
Another dark, twisty tale that should never have been made into a kid's movie! Gaiman has such neat ideas and is inspired by such mundane things!
on December 15, 2012
Our whole family loves this audio book. A bit scary for young ones but our 6 and 8 year old were delighted with it. We have listened to it many times. The readers has a great voice.
on September 24, 2012
I received this book in OK/decent time. Not the fastest product i've ever received but not the slowest. It was in perfect condition, and had cool graphics on the jacket of the book which can't be seen in the display picture. The story was awesome and extremely creative, excellent author. I would highly recommend this product.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 10, 2010
While I purchased this book thinking that it would be another one of Gaiman's fantasies that is applicable for all ages, it is not. This is strictly a book that was written for children and, because of this, my review is based on that and not on any adult interpretation of the book.

Neil Gaimon, again using his superb writing skills, has produced a book that easily should appeal to the 8 to 14 age range. The book, itself, is not lengthy and is grammatically written in a manner that is easily understood. While some may view this novel as being a little too dark for children, it is less frightening than some of the other children's classics (The Wizard of Oz, The Hobbit, Grimm's Fairy Tales, etc...) Coraline, the heroine, is simply overtly faced with the imaginings that most children her age have. Things living under the bed, animals that talk, the door that is always locked and unfullfilled parental attention are a few examples of these imaginings. While I do recommend this reading for the given age range, I would also strongly encourage parents to provide discussion periods with the child to have them more fully understand the message that the book gives and ease any possible fears that were triggered by the novel's imaginary setting.