5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice!
Published on Feb. 19 2009 by kellz

1.0 out of 5 stars A Joke
Published 8 months ago by Kristy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice!, Feb. 19 2009
The gist of this book is this: If you understand how men think, you can stop second-guessing yourself and then you can move on to get the man you want. I thought the author (Steve Harvey) really laid it all out there, letting us women know that men, sometimes, aren't in the same mindframe as women. It's good to read these books so that you know what you're up against and you know how to play it out once it gets set in motion. Another good one: Man Magnet: How to Be the Best Woman You Can Be in Order to Get the Best Man.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool read :), May 10 2010
A. Samuel "the book worm" (Montreal, QC) - See all my reviews
I'm nearly finished reading this book but from what I've read so far, it's quite interesting. Only thing is, Steve comes across as a bit old-fashioned; the type of guy he describes as ideal is more or less non-existent these days, particularly for my generation, 20-25 year old females. To get a guy to Profess, Provide and Protect as he says a guy should do would be nice but not practical. My dad is that ideal guy, but a guy around my age? I'm not so sure. I don't mean to sound pessimistic but it's just hard for me to believe some of the stuff Steve writes. I've seen him on Oprah promoting the book, and quite frankly he was a lot more insightful on the show which you can see:[...]. Overall he does give a lot of good advice like the 90 day rule and how to know if a guy chooses you as the one, and there were some poignant stories told like the one about his friend who wanted a pineapple juice and put it in the shopping cart of his girlfriends' and she throws it on the ground and yells at him for not making money, just tore my heart for the guy. and most importantly why men do cheat. I would recommend this book to those in a steady relationship but not so much for younger single women.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read! Very empowering!, June 10 2014
This review is from: Act Like A Lady Think Like A Man: What Men Really Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment (Paperback)
I received this book in the mail yesterday morning and by yesterday evening I was finished... I couldn't put it down! It's very witty, and provides women with great advice and tips. I feel empowered knowing I can regain control in the world of dating. Very good read! I've already ordered Steve Harvey's second book, 'Straight Talk, No Chaser'. I cannot wait to receive it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man!!!!!, Aug. 31 2009
I love to hear straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak! Every woman needs to read this insightful book, and then pass it on to their daughters, nieces, etc. I would go one step further, and say that men should do the same; especially those who grew up without a father, or had no positive male role models in their lives to teach them how to become a real man. This is Steve's dedication: "This book is dedicated to all women. My hope is to empower you with a wide-open look into the minds of men." You can tell that this brother is really in love with his wife, and have learned from his days of playing. He mentions that he doesn't want his daughters to get played like he used to do to other women.
I love the way how the table of contents are arranged and boken down. "Men do everything with a purpose; when a man approaches you, he has a plan. And the main plan is to sleep with you, or to find out what it takes to sleep with you." This is my final word and a chapter in Steve's book: "Men Respect Standards--Get Some!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man, April 4 2011
this is such an amazing book. and the shipping was right on time. thank you..i was scared it was going to be a bad cover but it is the hard cover and really new..was surprise when i got it. i will surely shop again with you

1.0 out of 5 stars A Joke, Aug. 6 2014
Lol, this book is a joke! Really, take it with a grain of salt if you choose to read it. Steve Harvey seems like a narcissistic baller who blankets all men to be just like him. I laughed when I looked up the year the book was published (2009) and the year he married the women he claims has the type of answers that keep a man happy (2007) - his wife Marjorie of two years! Lol! He's had two divorces prior to his current wife and I'm sure it's just a matter of time before his creepy ways of being a man cause him to be divorced again. I applaud him for his efforts but oh my goodness.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny!, May 24 2012
This item was shipped super fast! I started to read it as soon as I received it! It starts slow but as soon as you get into the book, it's really funny and the lessons are valuable. I tried a few tricks on my boyfriend and they worked!!! BUT!!!! I strongly suggest you read the book before you see the movie because the movie is HILARIOUS and you expect the book to be even better (other way around). Definitely worth the money :)

5.0 out of 5 stars good advice, June 13 2014
Steve is a funny man but makes a lot of good points about relationships in his book, best for single ladies who are dating

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect book for young women!, Oct. 18 2014
Very to the point reading presented in a clear and very entertaining fashion. Loaded with humour, its a fast read and I recommend this book to all young women in today's society. Steve Harvey is such a gentleman and comes across as someone who appreciates the value of women and wants them not to waste their time with men they have no future with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase!, June 7 2012
Product arrived on time, fast shipping , great condition. The book itself is an enjoyable read, I enjoy watching and reading Steve Harvey's books this book enlightened me to see things from a different perspective , well a man's point of view anyway! I have already been recommending friends to read this book .

CDN$ 17.50 CDN$ 14.30
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available