countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Hardcover|Change

on July 14, 2011
Neff showed authenticity in writing this book as each chapter includes her own personal story. She talks about the three premises of being self-compassionate: (1) being kind towards oneself during painful experiences; (2) seeing one's experiences as part of the larger human experience; & (3) creating a balanced awareness between painful thoughts (ie., the mind) and feelings (i.e., the heart). From a Human Resources perspective, self-compassion can be taught to employees and could result to more positive emotions (like enthusiasm, interest, inspiration and excitement). All these will contribute to productivity.
on April 19, 2014
This book changed my outlook on life. It is well written, not repetitive, it has research to back it up, and it has exercises that really work. It has helped me be more compassionate with myself about things I've been beating myself up over for years. I will keep reading this throughout my life to remind me of the lessons and help myself continue to be compassionate with myself and others.
on March 11, 2013
This has been the most rewarding and most interesting read for myself. I enjoy books that are based on research, I feel they offer the most effective and applicable insight, and this book was just that. I felt like it went deeper into various psychological concepts associated with the subject matter and offered better understanding as a result. Very highly recommended - my new favorite.
on May 17, 2014
This book is a must read for anyone struggling with allowing self-compassion. The exercises are all very "doable" and have already helped me give myself some much needed compassion. I am about to read through a second time focusing on the exercises and the relaxation downloads. I have been off self-help books for quite some time but this one resonated with me and was exactly the book I needed to get me through a rough time,
on July 4, 2012
I ordered this book on the advice of my therapist and after checking out the web site and listening to a number of the self directed relaxation items, ordered the book. This book is a must for anyone who has self esteem issues. While it is never easy to change this book will help for sure.Self-Compassion: Stop Beating Yourself Up And Leave Insecurity Behind
on October 19, 2014
This book is awesome!!! I already consider it my bible of self reassurance and gives me a renewed feeling that anything is possible. I think anyone will benefit from reading this book, even people who are already good to themselves.
on April 20, 2016
Found it a bit boring and repetitious - probably because of my lack of interest in doing the exercises. The premise is a good one though. In today's environment, we are challenged and encouraged to be self critical to the point of being destructive to our personal sense of well being. This book challenges us to confront in a direct and positive way that inclination to do harm.

While only rating it three stars, it was due to the increasing repetition as the book struggled towards its end.
on July 9, 2015
I read it once already, but feel I need to read it again to get a better understanding of what she is saying...
on August 23, 2014
I found the general topic helpful. The book is very wordy and gets into Buddhism. It lost me after awhile.
on December 4, 2012
ce livre permet de retablir une saine relation avec soi basee sur l'amour et la compassion et la gentillesse.Ne pas etre nous meme une lourdeur ou un ennemi a nous meme.il faut eliminer la programmation du subconscient et passer d'un mental conditionnee a un mental conscientise.pourquoi etre gentille et aimable avec les autres et d'autres part severe ou ennemi pour nous meme.c'est une peur ,une inferiorite.tous le theme de ce livre ce resume a ca. A lire avec Les livres de Eckhart Tolle.ce livre permet de voir et comme Eckhart dit voir c'est se liberer meme s'il va prendre un peu de temps.