5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, practical, & selfless (great) friend!, July 14 2011
This review is from: Self-Compassion: Stop Beating Yourself Up and Leave Insecurity Behind (Hardcover)
Neff showed authenticity in writing this book as each chapter includes her own personal story. She talks about the three premises of being self-compassionate: (1) being kind towards oneself during painful experiences; (2) seeing one's experiences as part of the larger human experience; & (3) creating a balanced awareness between painful thoughts (ie., the mind) and feelings (i.e., the heart). From a Human Resources perspective, self-compassion can be taught to employees and could result to more positive emotions (like enthusiasm, interest, inspiration and excitement). All these will contribute to productivity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 11 2013
This has been the most rewarding and most interesting read for myself. I enjoy books that are based on research, I feel they offer the most effective and applicable insight, and this book was just that. I felt like it went deeper into various psychological concepts associated with the subject matter and offered better understanding as a result. Very highly recommended - my new favorite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book. Everyone needs to read it., April 19 2014
This book changed my outlook on life. It is well written, not repetitive, it has research to back it up, and it has exercises that really work. It has helped me be more compassionate with myself about things I've been beating myself up over for years. I will keep reading this throughout my life to remind me of the lessons and help myself continue to be compassionate with myself and others.

4.0 out of 5 stars le titre permet un eveil et peut etre nouveau pour nous, Dec 4 2012
ce livre permet de retablir une saine relation avec soi basee sur l'amour et la compassion et la gentillesse.Ne pas etre nous meme une lourdeur ou un ennemi a nous meme.il faut eliminer la programmation du subconscient et passer d'un mental conditionnee a un mental conscientise.pourquoi etre gentille et aimable avec les autres et d'autres part severe ou ennemi pour nous meme.c'est une peur ,une inferiorite.tous le theme de ce livre ce resume a ca. A lire avec Les livres de Eckhart Tolle.ce livre permet de voir et comme Eckhart dit voir c'est se liberer meme s'il va prendre un peu de temps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Self Compassion: Stop Beating Yourself Up and Leave Insecurity Behind, July 4 2012
I ordered this book on the advice of my therapist and after checking out the web site and listening to a number of the self directed relaxation items, ordered the book. This book is a must for anyone who has self esteem issues. While it is never easy to change this book will help for sure.Self-Compassion: Stop Beating Yourself Up And Leave Insecurity Behind

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-changing, May 17 2014
This book is a must read for anyone struggling with allowing self-compassion. The exercises are all very "doable" and have already helped me give myself some much needed compassion. I am about to read through a second time focusing on the exercises and the relaxation downloads. I have been off self-help books for quite some time but this one resonated with me and was exactly the book I needed to get me through a rough time,

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, Dec 13 2013
Happy with the purchase and it was exactly as indicated. Would certainly buy again. Thank you for making this such an easy transaction. Super read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 21 2014
This book is very exciting, really makes you think and helps a lot. a must read.

Self-Compassion: Stop Beating Yourself Up and Leave Insecurity Behind