5.0 out of 5 stars Makes SO MUCH sense, Nov. 8 2010
I am close to half way through the book and I am thoroughly enjoying it. So much insight and wisdom on these pages.

He talks about how we have a 'comfort zone' for happiness, and when we go above that zone we will unconsciously create conflict or suffering to bring us back down to where we are most used to being. Makes a lot of sense, and yet so many of us don't even know that we are doing this. The thought of someone saying, "I don't want to be happier" is crazy, yet we have all done this at one point or another.

When we become aware of unconscious patterns we then have the power to change these habits into new ones that serve us in a better way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good insight into why we are our own worst enemy when aiming for success., Feb. 22 2014
Leo de Bever (Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Being too impressed with yourself is usually a formula for failure.
The reverse is true as well: feeling that success is undeserved.
Very enjoyable, and a good "how to" guide on getting past self imposed limits.

4.0 out of 5 stars Aha!, May 9 2014
Loved this book!

Our book club author Carol-Ann Hamilton wrote:
How aptly-titled is Gay Hendricks’ The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level! Imagine a simple yet profound set of strategies for removing our one obstacle to happiness and fulfillment in every arena of life. That’s what this potent volume holds in store.

Actionable Books summarized this through their book club, to check out the rest of Carol-Ann's summary, go to [...]

4.0 out of 5 stars So thats what it is!, March 22 2014
This book helped me make sense of a repeating pattern in my life, of course understanding that it is a pattern is only the first step but it is a good start. The book is easy to read and assimilate, plenty of "ah hah" moments as Oprah
would say.

5.0 out of 5 stars The book I wish I'd written, Dec 16 2009
Rosemary A. Heenan "The Heart Activist" (Windsor, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level (Hardcover)
The Big Leap describes what Gay Hendricks calls our Upper Limit Problem. In a nutshell that's why we sabotage ourselves when we've reached success and we're challenged to accept and embody that success.
Gay describes several practical steps we can take to manage this and help us stop keeping ourselves away from enjoying the success we desire but may be uncomfortable with when it arrives.
I find myself going back and re-reading it frequently always finding a new level of understanding or a point I missed before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, Dec 11 2009
S. Dumais "Mind Body Healer" (Vancouver, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
This book has changed my life along with everyone else I have shared it with. It helps you increase awareness about your own self imposed limits so you can learn to get out of your own way. No more self sabotaging your own efforts. I highly recommend it!

The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level