biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night s Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: HardcoverChange

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on November 8, 2010
I am close to half way through the book and I am thoroughly enjoying it. So much insight and wisdom on these pages.

He talks about how we have a 'comfort zone' for happiness, and when we go above that zone we will unconsciously create conflict or suffering to bring us back down to where we are most used to being. Makes a lot of sense, and yet so many of us don't even know that we are doing this. The thought of someone saying, "I don't want to be happier" is crazy, yet we have all done this at one point or another.

When we become aware of unconscious patterns we then have the power to change these habits into new ones that serve us in a better way.
on December 11, 2009
This book has changed my life along with everyone else I have shared it with. It helps you increase awareness about your own self imposed limits so you can learn to get out of your own way. No more self sabotaging your own efforts. I highly recommend it!
on February 22, 2014
Being too impressed with yourself is usually a formula for failure.
The reverse is true as well: feeling that success is undeserved.
Very enjoyable, and a good "how to" guide on getting past self imposed limits.
on December 16, 2009
The Big Leap describes what Gay Hendricks calls our Upper Limit Problem. In a nutshell that's why we sabotage ourselves when we've reached success and we're challenged to accept and embody that success.
Gay describes several practical steps we can take to manage this and help us stop keeping ourselves away from enjoying the success we desire but may be uncomfortable with when it arrives.
I find myself going back and re-reading it frequently always finding a new level of understanding or a point I missed before.
on March 22, 2015
This book is a creative approach to taking leaps or even small steps in life and it's well worth a read. It can apply at any stage of life experience.
on July 13, 2015
Fantastic book I absolutely loved it!
on June 25, 2015
Amazing book that everyone must read!
on April 13, 2015