countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on July 15, 2016
I just started reading it
on July 13, 2015
Fantastic book I absolutely loved it!
on June 25, 2015
Amazing book that everyone must read!
on April 29, 2015
Simple but true-get rid off the glass ceiling you've created yourself!
on April 13, 2015
Great read!
on March 22, 2015
This book is a creative approach to taking leaps or even small steps in life and it's well worth a read. It can apply at any stage of life experience.
on May 9, 2014
Loved this book!

Our book club author Carol-Ann Hamilton wrote:
How aptly-titled is Gay Hendricks’ The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level! Imagine a simple yet profound set of strategies for removing our one obstacle to happiness and fulfillment in every arena of life. That’s what this potent volume holds in store.

Actionable Books summarized this through their book club, to check out the rest of Carol-Ann's summary, go to [...]
on March 22, 2014
This book helped me make sense of a repeating pattern in my life, of course understanding that it is a pattern is only the first step but it is a good start. The book is easy to read and assimilate, plenty of "ah hah" moments as Oprah
would say.
on February 22, 2014
Being too impressed with yourself is usually a formula for failure.
The reverse is true as well: feeling that success is undeserved.
Very enjoyable, and a good "how to" guide on getting past self imposed limits.
on November 8, 2010
I am close to half way through the book and I am thoroughly enjoying it. So much insight and wisdom on these pages.

He talks about how we have a 'comfort zone' for happiness, and when we go above that zone we will unconsciously create conflict or suffering to bring us back down to where we are most used to being. Makes a lot of sense, and yet so many of us don't even know that we are doing this. The thought of someone saying, "I don't want to be happier" is crazy, yet we have all done this at one point or another.

When we become aware of unconscious patterns we then have the power to change these habits into new ones that serve us in a better way.