Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store NFL Tools

The Reluctant Vampire: An Argeneau Novel
Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange
Price:$8.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on April 11, 2014
From the moment I heard of Harper in the book The Accidental Vampire I though he sounded like he was an interesting character. So I was a little sad when he found a life mate and that we wouldn't hear from him again. I was so glad when I read he would be getting a book although it would be with a different female. So I bought the book excited to read Harper's story and didn't end up finishing it I found it so dull. They lacked chemistry or excitement together and Dani's sister Stephanie needs to vanish already. I do not recommend this book which is surprising for me as I usually love Lynsay Sands stuff. Just wait for the next one.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on July 4, 2011
Welcome back Lynsay - how I missed your Argeneau books! And this was an especially refreshing one with twists and turns I did not expect right to the end. Nice! :
The Reluctant Vampire was not even about the 'direct' Argeneau family but involved a relative from Spain and reluctant vampire Harper from Germany who settled in Canada after joining Victor claiming his Elvi. The set-up? As usual, matriarch Marguerite decided that Drina would be the perfect mate for Harper who only just lost his lifemate during her turn and is still in mourning - still not enough reason for 'mama' not to intervene ... or is that interfere? However, how will the reluctant vampire react to another lifemate being presented to him so quickly when lifemates are generally few and hard to find? And the saga of Stephanie - the no-fanger still coming to terms with the change forced up on her as well as going through her teenage years ... but not enough with that, apparently, she also has certain special gifts that are very rare. I guess that would be why Leonius - who turned her and her sister Dani against their will in the first place - wants to make the fifteen year old his 'breeding mare' since gaining 'access' to sister Dani is highly unlikely. And thus we have, as usual, two main plots going on as well as a number of plot B's etc - Lynsay's stories are always very complex and keep you guessing what is going on right to the end
Needless to say, I can't wait for the next instalment - Teddy's story - at Christmas and do hope that it will not be a short / compact story as Tiny's was as he, too, deserves better! Happy Reading :)
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again