march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

on February 5, 2016
Excellent insight into sensory processing disorder. Appreciate the philosophy that if they could control their behaviour, they would. Period.
on July 12, 2013
Made me realize I am not the only one going through this. Great information that is doable...can't wait to try these techniques!
on November 21, 2015
Helpful in getting some understanding which may help the classroom teacher as well as a parent.
on October 3, 2014
Explanations good . Very knowledgable author . Have yet to put "theory into practice"
on November 14, 2014
Well worth buying and reading if you have a child with anger or explosive episodes.
on March 11, 2013
I've been trying this out with my daughter. One day she was on her way into a fit with tears and whining when she said, "Mom, I want to do that talking thing right now." I hadn't told her I was trying something new on her, but she must have noticed anyway. It's surprising how often she can't come up with any solutions to her problems. The book makes sense and I'm optimistic that my daughter will become more emotionally mature in time.
on July 4, 2014
Many helpful ideas and explanations
on November 16, 2011
After coping for several years with a difficult child (diagnosed with ADHD/ADD, ODD, severe sensory issues and severe receptive language disorder), this book was recommended by the school behaviorial consultant. While I think that Dr. Greene has written an excellent manuel that is both enlighting and informative, it has not worked for my son. Repeated efforts by the school to apply this method has resulted in an increase in his aggressive behaviors and violence and it is due to the fact that Dr. Green's methods involved reasoning and talking. With my son's auditory issues and receptive language delays (he's 8 but functioning at a 6 year old level), application of his methods only serves to frustrate my son more. My son also has executive function delays as well, which means that, at this time, he is not fully capable of the level of reasoning required by a child to be successful with this program. For children such as my son, this book and methods are probably best left until such time as the child is older and funtioning at a high level. Dr. Greene does not address auditory processing disorder in his book, much to my chagrin
on June 29, 2015
Very informative!
on June 25, 2013
My daughter received this book from my grandchild's school. I ordered copies for the my grandson's other grandparents and daughter. This book is soooooo informative, and extremely easy to read. Greene has offered alternative parenting skills to parents that ease the anxiety and stress not only for the child but parents too. The difference in my grandson, and the difference in the atmosphere in my daughter's home is beyond words. No parent should be without this book even if they don't have a troubled child.