5.0 out of 5 stars A great resource and source of confidence!, Feb. 27 2012
This review is from: The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children (Paperback)
This book is a great resource and source of new found confidence! As an occupational therapist, I have to be extremely adaptable and read my child clients very effectively. I often work with chronically inflexible and easily frustrated children and my approach to this behaviour is often inconsistent. However, with Dr. Greene's book, I now feel better prepared to work with these children while maintaining a handle on my professionalism and confidence as a fly-by participant in these children's lives.

I also think every parent should read this book. Not only for those parents who have an inflexible child, but also those who don't. It's fresh spin on parenting and may increase the flexibility of our already flexible children. It also fosters independence and choice, which is often taken away from some of our strictly parented children.

GREAT BOOK!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Explosive Child, Oct. 19 2009
Julie Anne Sprague (Canada) - See all my reviews
This was a great book with strategies that are helpful when dealing with a explosive child. However, I feel the book is for children who are at least seven years and older. My son is five and is not mature enough to enter into the problem-solving methods that are suggested in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BUY!, Dec 17 2011
This book is a great buy for anyone wishing to learn new techniques, and good ones, to parenting a child with implosive or explosive children. It is a good source to help people watching these families and finding themselves confused, to understand exactly how it works. It is very detailed, and has a very solid great technique to parenting these children. While talking things out like this might not always work - you try your best and take it one day/battle at a time. If you were on the fence about buying this product you should not be now, it is a great asset to any explosive/implosive household!! Good luck to you all!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Explosive Child, March 27 2011
This book, though it did not help me much with my FASD child, definately gives me more information and tools to work with as far and dealing with explosions with in myself. This book I would recommend for any parent with any child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop Explosions Before They Start, July 5 2010
This book does what Therapists doesn't - it doesn't give a diagnosis - it actually tells you why your child acts the way he does. It explains in clear terms what is happening in your child's brain that prevents him from acting the way people expect. It then goes on to explain in practical terms what you can do to change the behavior to create a more acceptable outcome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Child with ADHD, Feb. 5 2014
I really have to say that I enjoyed the light hearted nature of this book. It also helped me put things into perspective with my child suffering from OCD and ADHD. This is not a quick and easy fix and takes the whole family to practice embrace and really understand. The pages are filled with helpful tips and it was well recommended with our psychiatrist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, June 25 2013
Cindy Lalonde "cindyls" (Canada) - See all my reviews
My daughter received this book from my grandchild's school. I ordered copies for the my grandson's other grandparents and daughter. This book is soooooo informative, and extremely easy to read. Greene has offered alternative parenting skills to parents that ease the anxiety and stress not only for the child but parents too. The difference in my grandson, and the difference in the atmosphere in my daughter's home is beyond words. No parent should be without this book even if they don't have a troubled child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, practical advised, March 26 2013
If you are dealing with a child that you consider very difficult this is the answer, will help you to understand the behavior and will enable you to built the solution

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, Jan. 3 2013
Fast delivery and book was excellent. Thanks! This is an excellent book for anyone (teacher, parents, babysitters!) who works with children. It helps understand why some children explode or react differently than others. Easy read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book but not for children with auditory problems, Nov. 16 2011
After coping for several years with a difficult child (diagnosed with ADHD/ADD, ODD, severe sensory issues and severe receptive language disorder), this book was recommended by the school behaviorial consultant. While I think that Dr. Greene has written an excellent manuel that is both enlighting and informative, it has not worked for my son. Repeated efforts by the school to apply this method has resulted in an increase in his aggressive behaviors and violence and it is due to the fact that Dr. Green's methods involved reasoning and talking. With my son's auditory issues and receptive language delays (he's 8 but functioning at a 6 year old level), application of his methods only serves to frustrate my son more. My son also has executive function delays as well, which means that, at this time, he is not fully capable of the level of reasoning required by a child to be successful with this program. For children such as my son, this book and methods are probably best left until such time as the child is older and funtioning at a high level. Dr. Greene does not address auditory processing disorder in his book, much to my chagrin

CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 15.99