5.0 out of 5 stars Great info!, July 12 2013
This review is from: The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children (Paperback)
Made me realize I am not the only one going through this. Great information that is doable...can't wait to try these techniques!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great resource and source of confidence!, Feb. 27 2012
This book is a great resource and source of new found confidence! As an occupational therapist, I have to be extremely adaptable and read my child clients very effectively. I often work with chronically inflexible and easily frustrated children and my approach to this behaviour is often inconsistent. However, with Dr. Greene's book, I now feel better prepared to work with these children while maintaining a handle on my professionalism and confidence as a fly-by participant in these children's lives.

I also think every parent should read this book. Not only for those parents who have an inflexible child, but also those who don't. It's fresh spin on parenting and may increase the flexibility of our already flexible children. It also fosters independence and choice, which is often taken away from some of our strictly parented children.

GREAT BOOK!

4.0 out of 5 stars Explanations good. Very knowledgable author, Oct. 3 2014
Lorrain B. Barner (Canada) - See all my reviews
Explanations good . Very knowledgable author . Have yet to put "theory into practice"

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, Nov. 14 2014
Well worth buying and reading if you have a child with anger or explosive episodes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Start!, March 11 2013
I've been trying this out with my daughter. One day she was on her way into a fit with tears and whining when she said, "Mom, I want to do that talking thing right now." I hadn't told her I was trying something new on her, but she must have noticed anyway. It's surprising how often she can't come up with any solutions to her problems. The book makes sense and I'm optimistic that my daughter will become more emotionally mature in time.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BUY!, Dec 17 2011
This book is a great buy for anyone wishing to learn new techniques, and good ones, to parenting a child with implosive or explosive children. It is a good source to help people watching these families and finding themselves confused, to understand exactly how it works. It is very detailed, and has a very solid great technique to parenting these children. While talking things out like this might not always work - you try your best and take it one day/battle at a time. If you were on the fence about buying this product you should not be now, it is a great asset to any explosive/implosive household!! Good luck to you all!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Explosive Child, March 27 2011
This book, though it did not help me much with my FASD child, definately gives me more information and tools to work with as far and dealing with explosions with in myself. This book I would recommend for any parent with any child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Child with ADHD, Feb. 5 2014
I really have to say that I enjoyed the light hearted nature of this book. It also helped me put things into perspective with my child suffering from OCD and ADHD. This is not a quick and easy fix and takes the whole family to practice embrace and really understand. The pages are filled with helpful tips and it was well recommended with our psychiatrist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, June 25 2013
Cindy Lalonde "cindyls" (Canada) - See all my reviews
My daughter received this book from my grandchild's school. I ordered copies for the my grandson's other grandparents and daughter. This book is soooooo informative, and extremely easy to read. Greene has offered alternative parenting skills to parents that ease the anxiety and stress not only for the child but parents too. The difference in my grandson, and the difference in the atmosphere in my daughter's home is beyond words. No parent should be without this book even if they don't have a troubled child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, practical advised, March 26 2013
If you are dealing with a child that you consider very difficult this is the answer, will help you to understand the behavior and will enable you to built the solution

CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 15.99
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available