march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 11, 2016
Borrowed this book from a friend on her recommendation and I couldn't put it down!
I devoured it in three days.
I laughed, cried was inspired by this harrowing tale.
on November 1, 2015
good story.
on December 1, 2014
It is a most interesting book. I bought it originally as an e-book, but felt I needed to buy it as a hard copy as well. My wife as well as a friend have read it, and they also enjoyed the book. It is amazing what the dedication and tenacity of a few people can do to improve the lives of many, many children. I would strongly recommend it.
on November 4, 2014
I enjoyed the book, but the conditions were so bad that I'm surprised the author survived...so probably they were exaggerated. That puts the whole story into question. I wouldn't buy it again.
on April 6, 2014
👍👍👍 beautiful story that grabs your heart/ amazing how one human being has so much compassion and does something heroic about it
on February 13, 2014
Great for helping one understand the depth of global health issues ! Good read! Well written,very touching story, good work !
on December 11, 2013
Interesting read: provides information from a different vantage point for people wishing to make a difference. While the story itself is riveting, it is the message that is more important.
on February 22, 2013
Most people don't have a clue what it is like in Nepal (I didn't either). This book allows people to understand what Nepal is like, the people, the mountains, politics and the everpresent corruption. I couldn't put it down.
on January 4, 2013
If you were to give me a plane ticket this instant and ask me where I wanted to go, I would say : Nepal. The story gives a surprisingly clear image of Nepal during the civil war and has you clearly understand the issues at stake for the children and families of Nepal, because of their culture, their beliefs and their government. Also, the author has the humility to be very honest about himself, his initial motivations and his transformation over the years. I laughed, I cried, I got mad...I went through a whole range of emotions. I ABSOLUTELY recommend!
on December 1, 2012
This is a true story and a wonderful one, about the unselfish desire of a young man to take on a volunteer job at an orphanage in Nepal, and finds not only is it not what he thought it was, but also that he fallsl in love with the children and ultimately the woman he eventually marries. A beautiful story of committment and a life style that we rarely hear about in our world.