Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: HardcoverChange

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on February 20, 2011
I have read a number of reviews of this book where the reviewer goes on and on about how superficial Ellie is (ie. all she cares about is how cute her car is, designer clothing, and whatnot) and I will be the first to admit that my superficiality meter (as I like to call is) goes off pretty quickly when I read YA books, but I didn't find it going off whatsoever in this book. There were maybe 2 times (at most) where I thought to myself, "Ellie, should you really be all that concerned about wearing make-up when there are crazy reapers trying to kill you?" and compared to a lot of YA books that is minuscule.

This book is super unique and not like anything I have ever read before (though if I had to compare Ellie's abilities to another book characters abilities I would say that her abilities are somewhat similar to shadowhunters, but Ellie's abilities might just be a bit more kick-butt because she can make her swords appear at any time unlike shadowhunters' steles/ weapons where they have to fumble to grab them whenever they need them) and this may just be the best take on angels I have ever seen before.

As for the boy of the book, Will? Well, all I gotta say is that I have another boy to add to my list "Book Boys I Swoon Over". At first it seemed like he wasn't going to have much of a personality because he was quite serious all of the time, but that quickly changed, and it was clear that he was such a caring and sweet guy and that he would do everything in his power, even risk his life, to protect Ellie.

All in all I think that no one will be disappointed by this book. It is clear that Courtney has quite the writing career ahead of her and dare I say it... She may just be the next Cassie Claire! I cannot wait for the next book in the series "Wings of the Wicked"!
on November 4, 2011
This book was awesome! I'm always hesitant towards books that everyone seem to like and strongly recommend and I was glad to find out that all those people were right!

I love the aspect of reincarnation. In this book Ellie keeps coming back in order to fight demons. Not exactly what I would expect from a typical reincarnation book. I'm more of coming-back-to-life-for-love type of girl. But there is plenty of love in the air in this book.

Will is the one who brings her memories back or tries to couple of times and the attraction between them is clear but of course it wouldn't be that easy for them to get together and here comes the big and unexpected twist which I totally didn't see coming. Add more drama and tension to the love story and it's insta-love for me! What can I say? I love my characters to go through hell first in order to be together which I guess won't be far from the truth... in the next books.

Ellie as a person who has lived many lives, is filled with memories which she gradually gets back. Some flashbacks were terrible like the way she died, but others were little snippets of her and Will which makes you see the bond they share with each other and how strong it is. I hope though flashbacks continue on the next book.

Overall I loved it! Anglefire is a fast paced and action driven novel with a forbidden love that'll make you want to come back for more.
on February 16, 2014
I rated it five out of five, as i love the plot line. Normal girl turns demon hunter. I love Ellie. Normal teen girl attending high school, hanging out with friends, Movie Nights on Friday, worrying about her birthday party having problems at home with homework ^with on class^.
on March 20, 2011
This is the best book EVER!!! I love all the twists and turns throughout which either had my heart pounding a hundred miles an hour or sighing or holding back the tears. I can't wait till the next one... which is like... a year from now!!!