4.0 out of 5 stars very good but watchout!
I read this book in adult version and just loved it.
so much so that I ordered two for my friends/family....
was disappointed in this particular choice as it was not the adult version.

be careful to look an enlarged pic of front cover
where it says...juvenille version. tho it probably was very good also.
Published on Nov. 20 2012 by lori

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a very inspiring story...
Published 16 months ago by Winnie Tam

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars very good but watchout!, Nov. 20 2012
Ce commentaire est de: Racing In The Rain: My Life as a Dog (Paperback)
I read this book in adult version and just loved it.
so much so that I ordered two for my friends/family....
was disappointed in this particular choice as it was not the adult version.

be careful to look an enlarged pic of front cover
where it says...juvenille version. tho it probably was very good also.

5.0 out of 5 stars a smart canine dude, Aug. 26 2011
Ce commentaire est de: Racing In The Rain: My Life as a Dog (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book. I borrowed it from a friend, and then ended up buying my own copy. Enzo is one smart little canine dude! Every dog owner knows that their dog has deep thoughts - well here they are written down. Very philosophical, sensitive and altogether wonderful. Great reading and thought provoking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable and memorable, April 29 2015
Lorina Stephens (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Ce commentaire est de: Racing in the Rain (Kindle Edition)
It isn't every writer who can take the unlikely elements of an unreliable narrator, a main character who is a dog, race car driving, and brain cancer, and work all that into a highly readable, engaging, moving and memorable story. Garth Stein is one such writer.

Clearly a man comfortable with his craft, dedicated to research and the nuance of language, Stein has created the story of a dog known as Enzo, who believes he will be reincarnated as a human when his time as a dog is done. During Enzo's journey as a dog, he becomes emotionally attached to his master, Denny, who is a rising race car driver. Together Enzo and Denny experience joy in a marriage and birth of a child, the thrill of the race course, and then the devastation of the loss of all they've held precious.

Never maudlin or trite, the emotional impact of Stein's story rings true with a subtlety which is quite astonishing.

Altogether a thoroughly enjoyable and memorable read. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Brilliant!, Feb. 17 2012
Ce commentaire est de: Racing In The Rain: My Life as a Dog (Paperback)
Now, this book is perfect for both dog lovers, and automobile enthusiasts. You would have often found that a book does not give sufficient detail about the vehicle. But this book is a special and rare book, that states, at least the make. It is said that Denny drives a BMW. I start thinking, maybe 3 series? And then I read that he works in a, "fancy" repair shop for prestigious German automobiles, (Mercedes-Benz and BMW) which means he probably earns a lot of money. So he would have a 5,6 or 7 series. Though, in one part, he takes Enzo, his dog, out for a joyride, on a racetrack in his BMW, so it must be a 1 series. It has endless possibilities, which is fun to guess. But for the book, it's a perfect mix of different emotions, with a bit of sorrow in the aproperiate spot. Everyone should try the book!
This is a wonderful book, but I hesitate to say it wasn't too humorous.

The Ghost Writer

5.0 out of 5 stars Racing in the rain, May 2 2011
This is a wonderful book. Good for giving to men friends, children, parents etc. Anyone who loves animals or just even puts up with them will enjoy. I loved every page and would recommend to anyone.

Enjoy, pure, funny, sad and happy. Who can tell. Lets have more.

Dpnna Lee

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a very inspiring story..., Dec 14 2013
I picked up this book because of the dog on the cover and after being in love with W. Bruce Cameron's "A Dog's Purpose," I thought this story was going to be equally as heartwarming. I was highly disappointed with Racing in the Rain, the characters were poorly developed plus I was not entirely into the whole racecar driving thing which was the whole premise of the story (I wish I knew this before I bought it)... honestly, I never finished the book... I skimmed through most of it and the story didn't really seem to be very compelling or have anything to do with dogs except for the sorry fact that it was being narrated by a dog... enough said.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Dedicated Dad, June 1 2012
Ce commentaire est de: Racing In The Rain: My Life as a Dog (Paperback)
What an interesting story! My heart strings were tugged, I laughed out loud and thoroughly enjoyed this well written recounting of one man's values. The struggle between family and career and the loyalties and loves rang true for me. The legal manipulations were familiar and the resolutions heartwarming. Loved that it was told in the voice of a dog.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read for the youth market. A dog and his master; what better relationship could there ever be., Sept. 6 2014
Ce commentaire est de: Racing In The Rain: My Life as a Dog (Paperback)
I have to be honest; I did not read this book which is a youth's version of "The Art of Racing in the Rain," which I did read and review. I purchased this book in error not realizing the age group for which it was written. As a consequence I donated the book to a library where I understand it has attracted a waiting list of young readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A special adaptation for young readers..., Oct. 8 2014
Tracey Hamilton (Mississauga, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Racing In The Rain: My Life as a Dog (Paperback)
I recently read the digital edition of this book & loved it. I ordered the paperback for my husband only to realize this was a special edition for young readers. Amazon should include 'A special adaptation for young readers' in the title to avoid confusion. I will be donating this copy to my local elementary school's library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doggy love!, Feb. 26 2015
Ce commentaire est de: Racing In The Rain: My Life as a Dog (Paperback)
If you love stories about dogs, you will love this one. You will laugh and you will cry as the dog accounts for his life with his guardian. It will let you see life through a dog's eyes and makes you hope your dog sees you with so much love!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Racing In The Rain: My Life as a Dog
Racing In The Rain: My Life as a Dog by Garth Stein (Paperback - April 25 2011)
CDN$ 7.99 CDN$ 7.59