5.0 out of 5 stars Grippando's are only the best
The way this one plays out is unimaginable. As all his books it's one of those edge of your seat ones. Jack Swyteck is one of the best portrayed characters in any book I have ever read. If you like law, extortion, marital troubles this one is for you ;D
Published on Jan. 20 2004 by Robert Patterson

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent but not great
First half to 3/4 of book is interesting but author seemed to paint himself into a corner and the ending was pretty weak
All in all a good enjoyable easy read but not gripping to the end
Published on Nov. 12 2001 by Scott A. Gill

5.0 out of 5 stars Grippando's are only the best, Jan. 20 2004
Robert Patterson "Rob" (Naples, FL USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A real thriller, Oct. 26 2003
David A. Spearman (Harbor Beach, Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pardon, The (Hardcover)
What a excellent novel. I guess it takes a Lawyer to write one like this but I would guess he would be a homicide detective first. This is the fourth book of his I have read and never been disapointed. I have now ordered the second as of today. He rates right up with the best of the Legal/Thriller/Mystery writers that are in vogue at this time. Read it you will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, June 13 2003
M. Steffen (Des Moines, IA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pardon (Mass Market Paperback)
Excellent thriller from beginning to end. Easy and enjoyable to read for a couple of days. I have read two other Grippando's books (Informant and Under Cover...) and this one ranks up the top.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome read!, April 30 2003
fjmcmm (Gardena, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pardon (Mass Market Paperback)
I read this novel when it first debuted and remember thinking it was one of the best debut legal thriller I'd ever read. The story was so compelling and took you on a fast ride. Jack's is a lawyer of integrity that you'd want on your side. I've read all of Mr Grippando's novel todate, they're all good, but this one stands out as my favorite.

5.0 out of 5 stars If I could give this a 5+, I would, April 17 2003
Kevin Gong (Fresno, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pardon (Mass Market Paperback)
I consider this to be one of the best novels I've ever read. This one had it all, (suspense, mystery, action, and drama). I was flipping through the pages wondering what would happen next. Talk about being "on the edge of my seat".
I've read off of his novels, and in my opinion, one cannot go wrong with a Grippando novel. And I believe this one ranks up there with his best. Read it and see for yourself. It'll be worth every minute and penny invested.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Author I've found since Grisham, Dec 27 2002
"marilee2" (Lake of the Ozarks, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pardon (Mass Market Paperback)
I couldn't put this book down after I started. I found the story gripping and I didn't figure it out half way through the book. I have since read every book he's written and can't wait for more!!! You won't be disappointed with his writing if you like suspense

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic legal thriller, Oct. 16 2002
This review is from: The Pardon (Mass Market Paperback)
I thought this was one of the best books I have read in a long time. I couldn't put it down and ended up staying in on a Saturday night to finish the book (a rare event in the life of a college student). Becareful though, once you start reading the book and get into it, don't make any plans for the rest of your day! I am looking forward to reading the following novel.

4.0 out of 5 stars ENDING WEAK-REST OF BOOK WAS GREAT!, June 24 2002
This review is from: The Pardon (Mass Market Paperback)
The book will hold your attention. Who is trying to frame Jack Swyteck? Who is blackmailing Gov. Harold Swyteck, Jack's father? They both think it is Eddy Gross, who Jack got free for a murder he committed. But then something happens so they know it is not Eddy. People keep ending up dead that try to help Jack and he is a suspect in each death. You will not want to put the book down. I found myself scanning pages to see what happened next and to who. I was disappointed in the action at the end. Thought it could have been done better. You find your self really pulling for Jack and his father. May make it harder t sleep for a few nights.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pardon puts "thills" back into the "Legal Thriller", Dec 20 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Pardon (Mass Market Paperback)
I picked up The Pardon because I'm a fan of James Patterson, who in the blurb on the jacket says "I read The Pardon in one sitting -- one exciting night of chills and thrills." I had exactly the same experience. Grippando's writing style reminds me of Patterson's, with short, explosive chapters that always end on a cliff-hanger that carries you over to the next one. Before you know it it's 3 a.m. and you can't stop reading! Thanks, Mr. Patterson, for all your exciting books, and thank you for turning me on to James Grippando. I'll look forward to reading his other thrillers.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pardon Excels, Nov. 23 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Pardon (Mass Market Paperback)
I discovered The Pardon by reading an exceprt from it in "The Mammoth Book of Legal Thrillers," a collection of writings from top lawyer-novelists in the world. The Pardon definitely belongs in that elite group. The premise is immediately gripping: A psychopath is stalking the governor of Florida, claiming that he can prove that the governor executed an innocent man. The executed man was defended by the governor's son, Jack Swyteck, a young criminal defense attorney who defends death row inmates. The opening scenes, which revolve around the execution, could well be the most heart-pounding I've read in the genre. The courtroom scenes are skillfully written, filled with believable surprises and easy to follow. The pacing is breathless, but the underlying tenstion between father and son that plays out through the story really makes this novel stand apart from the rest. This is an enterntaining read with engaging characters who will have you rooting for them till the end. It takes on a very serious subject in a completely non-preaching manner (I wouldn't be able to guess where the author stands on the death penalty after reading this novel, which is to his credit). Granted, this isn't Moby Dick, but you rarely get more for your money in commercial fiction.

ARRAY(0xaec27eb8)

The Pardon: The First Jack Swyteck Novel
The Pardon: The First Jack Swyteck Novel by James Grippando (Mass Market Paperback - June 20 2011)
CDN$ 11.99 CDN$ 10.79