5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying the journey
Published on March 15 2012 by RMA

3.0 out of 5 stars A run-of-the-mill diet book
Some different points of view, but nothing startling. There are many books that use catch phrases such as "petite" to sell, but few that achieve their goal.
Published 6 months ago by elfungo

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying the journey, March 15 2012
This review is from: The Petite Advantage: Achieve That Long, Lean Look -- and Eat the Right Foods to Feel Full Fast -- with the Specialized Diet for Women 5'4" and Under (Hardcover)
At just 5' tall & 115 lbs, I've struggled for more than 30 years to keep my weight down both through diet and physical activity. As I neared 50 years of age, I was up to an about 7 hrs of cardio per week and was concerned because I had actually gained 5 lbs in the past 2 years. I was intrigued when I heard the Author saying that cardio activity was more likely to cause you to put on weight than to lose it. Got the book and the explanation in it made sense so I decided to give it a try although I was very skeptical that I was not going to be hungry with the low calorie intake this diet stipulated. I committed to following the diet as closely as I could - in particular eating the much larger breakfasts than my customary bowl of instant oatmeal. I've been amazed at how full I feel after each meal and in between meals. I've cut down on the amount of cardio I do each week and have started using the gravity straps. The undesired 5 lbs quickly fell off and I've indeed experienced a 'reconstruction' of my body shape. While the diet prescribed in the book is not for folks who just like bland foods, if you enjoy a bit more flavour and are open to experimenting with some different combinations, I would wholeheartedly recommend trying this new healthy lifestyle change.

4.0 out of 5 stars Petite Advantage Diet, Feb. 15 2012
Great info backed by research. Gives insight into why shorter women find it harder to lose and keep weight off. Menu plan is doable with "normal" food easily purchased at any supermarket. I felt satisfied eating these meals. I have always eaten breakfast but with this plan of eating most of my calories with breakfast and lunch I had more energy. Exercise program is easy to follow once you purchases the gravity straps

4.0 out of 5 stars The Petite advantage diet, Feb. 5 2012
It is very interesting and I am enjoying it very much - there is alot of good information in it and I am gradually trying to implement everything in order to lose some much needed pounds on my petite frame.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, Nov. 12 2013
The only complaint that I have is that I don't like exercising with the resistance bands. I know they are supposed to be so easy and convenient, etc. I did it a couple of times and it just isn't for me. Overall the book is inspiring and makes sense. We can't look at things the way everyone else does. It also makes me laugh what is considered petite. I am 4'11" and I find it annoying that petite is 5'4" which to me is so tall- I wish

3.0 out of 5 stars A run-of-the-mill diet book, Oct. 14 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless!, Aug. 8 2013
This is bad, i put the book aside very fast it was not worth the money and even less my time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great results!, Dec 2 2012
I am 5'1 and in my late 50's. For many years I was a gym rat, often doing 2 or 3 consecutive weight/cardio classes, but in spite of this, my weight didn't vary at all. In fact, it continued to slowly increase a little at a time. I was never one to follow diets, but I always watched what I ate and did not snack between meals. Last January, I saw a feature on this book on morning television, it struck a chord with me, and I started following it the next day. In the past 11 months I have lost 21 pounds, and I continue to follow the eating plan in this book, except when I allow myself a special meal. This is no longer a diet to me but a lifestyle. I still go to the gym to take weight lifting classes, do Yoga and walk on the treadmill. If you follow any weight-loss plan you have to have the willpower to stay with it. This was not a difficult plan for me to follow and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Petite Advantage Diet, Oct. 31 2012
Easy read. Makes sense. Simple to follow. *Sensible eating for a lifelong plan. Jim Karas finally helped to clear my weight loss confusion and laziness and by gosh the 20 year old, extra 30 pound sandbags, that I carried around have disappeared!! Success! Thanks to Jim Karas for finally sparking something that many other plans and books failed at.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, April 16 2012
Though there were a few new points provided by Karas, most of what was written was just a regurgitation of what's been said before, only adding "petite" every other sentence. Bought the book because I agree with his take that need to develop more muscle, eat protein, etc and hoped that there would be some real insights provided - nope. Like the idea of giving yourself a splurge day every few days, good idea - but that was about it for good ideas. He states to loose weight you need to cut back on calories - well, obviously. Was very disappointed that the work-out required purchasing a GoFit kit (wonder how much Karas has invested in that?). Fine to support the product but provide an alternative for readers who do not wish to purchase it (and, unless you have a sturdy door handy that closes just the right way, don't think they're very practical for most of us). On top of all this, found the tone of the book condescending. He speaks to the reader as if we're idiots (and perhaps we are for buying his book). Had to `dumb myself down' to tolerate this book. If you've never read or heard anything about how to loose weight before then this book will give you the basics. Other than that, save your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars bon pour les ''petites''!!!, March 4 2012
Super intéressant à lire...plein d'info concernant la nutrition et l'exercice qui convient au format ''petit''...donc les petites on a des outils pour perdre du poids et comprendre pourquoi on a de la difficulté à maintenir notre perte de poids!!!

ARRAY(0xaf21eea0)