5.0 out of 5 stars My Fav. NDE Books � I�ve Been There Too
Published on Dec 31 2003 by Stephanie Hart

3.0 out of 5 stars I used to love this book!
And I still have sentimental feelings for it. When someone I know has passed on, I hope that the things I've read in "Life After Life" really do provide a "preview."
Published on June 21 2001

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My Fav. NDE Books � I�ve Been There Too, Dec 31 2003
This review is from: Life After Life (Paperback)
One day in 1995 I died, and had a NDE. Ever since then, I've been reading everything I can on the subject. According to most stories I've read, I had an unusual one, not going down a tunnel, but experiencing many interesting phenomena all the same. It seems to me that there are some NDE books and magazine articles that are just hype, and published just to give recognition. I have found, through my many years and multitudes of books on the subject, that there is an underlining truth and spirit that pervades the true experiences. So, I have compiled a list of my best reads for NDE books - ones that I consider genuine and adding validating light to the personal NDE experience. I have left out compilations, these are personal narratives. I hope you enjoy them too.
Embraced by the Light ------by Betty J. Eadie

5.0 out of 5 stars Life after death, is it for real?, Oct. 3 2012
Big Al "Alan Rivière" (Southwest, USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Life After Life (Paperback)
Among the books on the topic of life after death, this 1975 book "Life After Life" by Raymond Moody is a undoubtedly a better written one. It is an well-organized first person account of near-death experience, based on the interviews of 150 people. At the end of the book, the author offers a number of plausible explanations of the near-death experience. Raymond Moody is better qualified among authors of books of this genre. He is medical doctor and has doctorate degrees in psychology and philosophy. His academic credentials make his writings on the topic of life after death more credible (See Note). Throughout most the book, Moody tries to be neutral, although his leaning in the belief of life after death is apparent. I was an agnostic before I read the book; I remain one afterward, but I become more knowledgeable on the topic. At the end, it is up to the reader to decide whether life after death is for real.

Note: Moody's 1975 book was followed by a torrent of publications on the topic of life after death, many written by authors who claim to be mediums with special psychic ability and can communicate with the dead or authors with minimal qualifications on the topic. I find their writings suspect.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, Sept. 2 2013
wonderful to read, soothing when you have lost someone, hopeful after reading it and written in such an understanding way, thanks.

3.0 out of 5 stars I used to love this book!, June 21 2001
This review is from: Life After Life (Paperback)
But if you read Connie Willis' "Passage," a novel about scientists who study NDEs, you will wonder. You will ask just how Moody conducted his research. Did he ask his subjects leading questions? Did he encourage them down certain paths?
Nobody wants to believe his vision more than I. But there are things that we non-scientists need to know before evaluating a work like this. This is not to say that Connie's vision is "correct." But her book points out the weaknesses that MAY be inherent in "Life After Life." If a researcher goes in with pre-conceived notions and expectations, he can - if he's skillful and personable - lead his witnesses to the conclusions he has already drawn.
Death is a mystery, folks. That's the way it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this book!, May 29 2014
This review is from: Life After Life (Paperback)
AMAZING book! I love how the author went into this with an open mind and how God continued to place certain people in his life to help him grow and learn with the studies he did! Loved loved loved this book, I recommend it to everyone!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good intro, Jan. 2 2014
Helle V (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life After Life (Paperback)
Moody brings together documented experiences of those who have gone through the near death process and presents his findings in a cautious approach. An interesting read for those who are open to the concepts of what happens to us when we die.

5.0 out of 5 stars Add this to your Great Books List for Spiritual Advancement, Dec 8 2003
This review is from: Life After Life (Paperback)
I love this book! I put this one right next to my Top Five Great Reads = (1) Psychic Gifts in the Christian Life by Tiffany Snow (2) The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle (3) The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire by Deepak Chopra (4) The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz (5) Closer to the Light by Melvin Morse. Winter is coming. Snuggle up to a warm fire or under your electric blanket and let these books be your warm fuzzy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps You to Believe, Dec 26 2003
This review is from: Life After Life (Paperback)
After reading many books by several empowering authors such as Betty Eadie, John Edward, Sylvia Browne, and Tiffany Snow, that I am still reading, my life has opened up to me in such a compelling and wonderful way. This new book is well written, and thought provoking. There are great transforming authors, who shift the consciousness of humankind in a way never known before, and have the courage to reveal their paranormal experiences. The "The Investigation" is one of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars As long as I have cheese, Oct. 17 2003
This review is from: Life After Life (Paperback)
This book was a good book to read it makes you feel better about life and death. It doesn't matter if you don't belave in life after death, because when you read it the book makes you think, could there be a life when you die. The author has style in his wrighting and he explans lots of what he puts in the book. Dr. Moody says there are many things that people expernce one of them are death. in his book he says he knows people that have came back to life.
The things I like about this book is that it made me feel better. It made me look at death in a different way like I never wanted to die. I always though that everything was over and I would just be gone ,but now I think different about it and im ok about the whole thing of death. I think there is a God and we do get to see him in another life. He also has a gold book that says if we were nice or bad.
The author tells about when he was a yong kid he got to know a teacher when he was in college. This teacher had told about his near death experence, but Dr. Moody did not beleave in it then later on in his life he talked to more people that had experence the same thing. Thats when he started to want to know more about this near death stuff. I think don't think somethings not true just because you have not experence it your self. there are other people that have and could live to tell about it. Thats why I think this is a good book to read it could change your life or it could change what you think about death.

4.0 out of 5 stars Moody backs off afterlife claim!, Nov. 15 2003
This review is from: Life After Life (Paperback)
Although this book is a classic, Raymond Moody later wrote another book called "The Last Laugh" which he wishes was an addendum to "Life After Life." In "Last Laugh" he has backed off the claim that NDE's are evidence of an afterlife. However, if one is interested in an indepth assessment of the afterlife evidence, then I highly recommend Stephen Braude's "Immortal Remains" which also gives very good reasons why NDE's are poor evidence for the "survivalist" hypothesis. If you examine much of the survival evidence, it's not clear what to say. It's not clear to what extent it can be explained away in terms of normal or abnormal processes, or even in terms of paranormal processes among the living. Some of the so-called evidence scarcely makes sense even if one accepts the idea of postmortem survival. These are matters that Braude's book examines at length, and he still comes to the assessment that the best cases for mediumship, reincarnation, possession, and hauntings do better support the view that some aspects of our personality and personal consciousness survives the death of our bodies, at least for a time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Life After Life
Life After Life by Raymond Moody (Paperback - Feb. 22 2001)
CDN$ 18.50 CDN$ 13.36