5.0 out of 5 stars I love Harry! and his sweaters too!, May 26 2004
This review is from: No Roses For Harry! (Paperback)
This is one of the best stories ever.
Simple, funny, well constructed, satisfying,
It's also my favorite of all the "harry" stories.
Wish there were more books like these instead of today's pretentious, shallow, and expensive kids books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, Oct. 4 2003
This review is from: No Roses For Harry! (Paperback)
Children will find this series of books delightful! Like many of the writers of the reviews I to grew up with "Harry The Dirty Dog". Recently I came across "No Roses For Harry." I couldn't resist purchasing it for my son. He loved the book so much that I came to Amazon.com to find some of the other "Harry" books. I recently read it to my niece and nephew. They couldn't wait to see what creative way Harry was going to try to get rid of the flowered sweater. Little kids and "Big" kids alike will enjoy this wonderful book. You like this one? Try "Harry By The Sea."

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Harry Book, June 28 2000
Ann M. Huebner (Virginia, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: No Roses For Harry! (Hardcover)
Of all the Harry Books, this one is my fave. Harry, a white dog with black spots, gets a present from Grandma--a sweater with big roses all over it. He hates it. He gets laughed at when he wears it, so he tries losing it...several times. He is finally rid of the sweater in an imaginative plot sequence that involves a mother bird. It's a sequence that also spares Grandma's feelings, thank goodness! The story ends with Harry receiving a new sweater from Grandma, one he likes very much. It's a white sweater with black spots. The ending is no doubt a reason why the book is a favorite of mine. My two-year-old likes all the Harry Books. The stories contain wonderful twists of plot but are written in simple language. Also, there are only a couple of sentences on each page and the illustrations correspond beautifully to the text (a rare treat, given that the author was not the illustrator), so even though they are recommended for young schoolchildren, toddlers will be able to enjoy these books.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very original story line of a dogs dilemma., Sept. 23 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: No Roses For Harry! (Hardcover)
I remember this story fondly from my own childhood. The different strategies that Harry tries to rid himself of the sweater he does'nt like are still very amusing to me today. I'm going to share it with my classroom.

4.0 out of 5 stars A memorable book from my childhood, Aug. 23 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: No Roses For Harry! (Paperback)
I love everything about Harry. The illustrations are wonderful and the pallet is unmistakable. The story is sweet and entertaining. Even though it has been years since I last read it, I remember it clearly & fondly. I intend to buy a copy & keep it for my own children.

No Roses For Harry!
No Roses For Harry! by Gene Zion (Paperback - Oct. 6 1976)
CDN$ 8.50 CDN$ 8.08