5.0 out of 5 stars CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER IS FOR ADULTS!!!
If you are new to this series, especially if you are going to read it to a child, DO NOT READ THEM IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER! A child will lose interest after a few chapters. Few great stories are told strictly in chronological order and the hook for Narnia is "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe".
Many of these other reviews done by people saying that they like...
Published on July 14 2004 by nathan dodd

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing to some children
I first read "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" when I was a child. I loved the book, and soon read the others in the series. I also watched the BBC television series. I still adore this series of books. However, when I was a child I remember being more frightened by Aslan than by many of the bad or evil characters. I could not understand how he could be...
Published on Nov. 20 2001 by Nikki

‹ Previous | 1 2 360 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars best book ever, May 8 2014
My daughter and I read these books together. It has fostered her love of reading and it's just a timeless novel.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small for young readers, March 22 2014
This review is from: Chronicles of Narnia Box Set (Paperback)
Too small for young readers and the illustrations (few) are not so appealing to them, either. I suppose this was meant for more mature readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great books!, Jan. 25 2014
Box was a little banged up, but the books were in perfect condition, they appear to never been opened. I look forward to reading them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, Dec 2 2013
Great writing style, wonderful sense of humour, amazing, deep content. Suits all ages. All novels in one book make it very convenient!

5.0 out of 5 stars An extra set of these extrardinary books !, Nov. 17 2013
S. Meyer "suzanna meyer" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chronicles of Narnia Box Set (Paperback)
Oops,I ordered an extra set,my mistake !But I will use it as a Christmas gift !Far bettr than any toy !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good series to read bit distorted, Oct. 1 2013
This review is from: Chronicles of Narnia Box Set (Paperback)
Not bad my favourite so far would be book 1 the magicians nephew and I'm on book 3 a boy and his horse witch I sent bad but not my fav don't have lots of time to read right now. Also a bit distorted of the original original series.

4.0 out of 5 stars An amazing childrens book, Oct. 29 2001
"sganapati" (Portland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chronicles of Narnia Box Set (Paperback)
CS Lewis has woven a masterpeice with this series. Re-reading this series has brung back memories of when i was in forth grade and addicted to these books, which take place during WWII. A must read.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Magician's Nephew, May 21 2001
Pio (SF, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chronicles of Narnia Box Set (Paperback)
This book was nice and entertaining. The Naria book was about the begining of Naria, and how it came to be. This book is rated 4 stars, compared to my favorite Naria book: The lion, the witch and the wardrobe. I thought the book was nice, so I rated it 4 stars. I would recomend htis book to anybody who just likes to read, which is not me!

5.0 out of 5 stars For action and adventure, the C.O.N won't let you down!, June 10 1998
By A Customer
The seven books which make up the Chronicles of Narnia (1.Magicians Newphew, 2.Lion Witch & Wardrobe, 3.The Horse and His Boy, 4.Prince Caspian, 5.Voyage of the Dawn Treader, 6.Silver Chair and finally 7.Last Battle) are packed with imagination, action, adventure and suspense. Each book can be read as an individual story, but to truly appreciate the whole picture I would read all seven Chronicles. There are seven children in total who find themselves going to Narnia in very different situations. But in all cases, it is a magical trip. In this series you will witness Narnia and its talking animals being created, fly on a winged horse, see a young boy get "un-dragoned", sail on a ship to far off destinations, and of course ride on the Lion's back. I would recommend these books to any child between the ages of 8 - 101. C.S. Lewis has a wonderful way of capturing the attention of adults even in his children's books. ><> ><> ><>

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful way to visit (or revisit) the land of Narnia!!, Nov. 8 2003
Carla (Genoa Township, MI) - See all my reviews
I loved the Narnia series as a child and bought this for my children (ages 5 and 9) as an introduction, hoping they would eventually want to read the books, and wanting to keep them occupied on a long car trip. We were hooked from the beginning! We ended up carrying the CD's from the car to the house and back again - unable to "put them down." The actors did a wonderful job of bringing the characters to life and the narration filled in the gaps perfectly. I was worried when I purchased this set that time considerations would force the producers to leave bits of the book out - not so! I would recommend this audio series for anyone - whether they be a Chronicles of Naria fan or not - though some of it may be a little scary for very young children. A radio production is so much more enjoyable to listen to than a book being read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 360 | Next ›

Chronicles of Narnia Box Set
Chronicles of Narnia Box Set by C S Lewis (Paperback - July 8 1994)
CDN$ 59.99 CDN$ 37.61