march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage Furniture vpcflyout Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 4, 2015
I think this is a must read for those wanting to understand the history and social science of Toronto.
on December 6, 2014
I bought his book for my brother. We both grew up in Cabbagetown. He's a senior now and absolutely LOVED this book.
on December 17, 2011
Ok this was a very hard book to find, If you ever lived in Cabbagetown(located in a hard area of Toronto. I lived there when I was first married. We had the Salvation Army hostel across the street with the local colorful men congregated every night for a bed. This book really spells it out what that neighborhood was like.
on November 26, 2002
I really enjoyed this book, but reading it at 23 was a small challenge. I didn't know if it was the author, the time, or the region, but I found there were many words that I just didn't know. Some could be deciphered by reading the sentence or paragraph, others I wrote down and looked up; even that was enjoyable. I had done a research paper on Cabbagetown, but really enjoyed a novel written by someone who lived it and loved it.
Wonderful story, cool history, great writing.
on September 8, 2002
Cabbagetown is still as relevant today as when it was written in 1950. With the same same econmic and cultural pressures in play today as during the Depression it is well worth the read.