5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended
This book is one of the best books I have seen, it covers just about everything under the Exchange sun. It could have been even more technical for my taste but relatively speaking it is the best Exchange book I have read so far.
Published on July 12 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Informative, but not entirely adequate
Published on Oct. 25 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use, Oct. 3 2002
D. Schader "dwschad" (Songtan, Korea) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Administering Exchange Server 5.5 (Paperback)
This book has some fair information, but it is very hard to find what is needed by using the table of contents & the index. Its is also very generalized information, it did not help at all with just about every problem I have had with Exchange. I am giving two stars only because it has come in handy (very rarely), otherwise I would only give it a one star rating. I am still looking for the ultimate Exchange 5.5 book!

1.0 out of 5 stars I've found a new place for this book....., June 14 2002
M. Garrett (Glendale, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Administering Exchange Server 5.5 (Paperback)
This book glosses over each subject with minimal technical information. I guess you could use it to get up and running, but don't expect anything beyond that. And if you run into any problems or advanced configuration issues, forget it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the hype, Nov. 9 2000
This review is from: Administering Exchange Server 5.5 (Paperback)
I got this book because of all of the lowing reccomendations that I saw for it. It has NO troubleshooting, and the information on the IMS is also very weak. Every time that I ahve had a serious Exchange issue that needed to be addressed, this book fell far short of what I needed. I have had to do everything through either online research, or reading an exam cram book. Don't do it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Informative, but not entirely adequate, Oct. 25 2000
This review is from: Administering Exchange Server 5.5 (Paperback)
Not a bad book.. to the contrary, Administering Exchange Server is a very informative book.. for the typical user with a typical Exchange setup. However, we purchased the book due to problems we were having (and continue to have)with a dial-up (DRAS)connection. The book says a lot about how things DO work and how things SHOULD work, but doesn't go into near enough detail when it comes to troubleshooting those setups that don't work when they should. I was hoping for an all-inclusive technical manual which would help me resolve those problematic issues for which TechNet was of little use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, July 12 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Exchange Book I've Seen, May 27 2000
This review is from: Administering Exchange Server 5.5 (Paperback)
As an administrator preparing for the MCSE, I need not only to learn Exchange Server in theory, but also to use it in everyday practice. I am studying with James Chellis' well-regarded "MCSE: Exchange Server 5.5 Study Guide" (ISBN 0782127266). However, I have consistently turned first to Mitch Tulloch's book, which is both clearly written and organized logically for practical administration. Tulloch provides plentiful illustrations of his points (in case you're reading without being at an Exchange Admin console) and has many references to further resources, from Microsoft white papers to third-party Exchange resource websites. Simple but not simplistic, "Administering Exchange Server" is an excellent book both for study and as an administrator's practical reference.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy This Book...Become A Master, April 28 2000
This review is from: Administering Exchange Server 5.5 (Paperback)
This book is awesome! I started reading and highlighting it on a Wednesday at about 12 noon and didn't put it down until I was finished on Thursday at 3AM. It is packed with info and insight into management and realistic configuration solutions for all types of mixed email environments. If you are planning to get your MCSE with Exchange as an elective, this book is a must! It will provide you with great practical experience and help you on the job as an Exchange Admin.
I would have rated this book a 5-star but Mitch (the author) kept misrepresenting RAID levels in various sections. For example he kept calling disk mirroring RAID 0, and disk striping (w/o parity) RAID 1. These are actually reversed with striping being RAID 0 and mirroring being RAID 1. Other than this small error the book was right on target. His writing style was very down to earth and his built in practice scenarios kept me plugging away on the server for hours just to see what I could do next. Buy it and see for yourself. -Keir

5.0 out of 5 stars Mitch Tulloch does it again!, March 13 2000
This review is from: Administering Exchange Server 5.5 (Paperback)
After writing such an excellent book on Administering IIS, Mitch Tulloch continues with his gifted writing style in Administering Exchange Server 5.5. With such clear explanations and "walk-throughs", students and experienced administrators will definitly benefit from this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best written book on MS Exchange Server 5.5, Dec 27 1999
This review is from: Administering Exchange Server 5.5 (Paperback)
Lets face it, IT books aren't cheap, so selecting the right book that does not contain usless information is difficult now days. Among all the MS Exchange books on the market, Mitch Tulloch's Administering Exchange Server 5.5 is the most authorative, detailed, and well written. In it he covers in concise detail every asppect of MS Exchange. It does not contian usless information, nor a "irrelevant CD with software you can buy". Mitch is an MCT and MCSE, it is clearly evident that he is an istructor in his writing, still the information is concise enough for medium to advanced level administrators.
I highly recommend this book over all others I have seen on the shelves. It will be the only Exchange book you will need.

ARRAY(0xb10edc78)

Administering  Exchange Server 5.5
Administering Exchange Server 5.5 by Mitch Tulloch (Paperback - Sept. 29 1999)
Used & New from: CDN$ 5.99