5.0 out of 5 stars Motivational wisdom
Published on Sept. 28 2000 by Donna Hoffman

2.0 out of 5 stars Me, Me, Me!
Well selected collection of quotations, excellent drawings; however the author has got a restricted and ego-centric view of life, people and the world. The example she gives to a stressful situation being a woman getting jealous of a friend who gets a diamond bracelet from her husband as a Valentine day present is the limit!
Published on Feb. 28 2001 by Unal Norman

5.0 out of 5 stars Motivational wisdom, Sept. 28 2000
Donna Hoffman (Pasadena, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wake Up Calls: Making the Most Out of Every Day (Regardless of What Life Throws You) (Hardcover)
This all-inspiring book is wonderful. I literally could not put it down. The numerous quotes are worth the price of the book alone. Joan Lunden clearly cites ways to make the most out of your stressful day and end it with a smile. She motivates you to set goals for yourself and to go towards them with a "you can do it attitude". She emphasizes the hazards of living in the past and not in the present. She explores the importance of taking risks and accepting change. She provides an outstanding motivational voyage through life. A real 5-star adventure. The photographs in the book are an added treat.I recommend this book to anyone who wants to have a more enriching and fulfilling life.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was definately an alarm clock, Jan. 18 2001
Rick Haas (Lindenhurst, NY) - See all my reviews
I am an individual that loves to read motivating material. One day while in a book store I saw this familiar face looking back up at me from the shelf and automatically new that this was a book that I needed to read. I found the qoutes to be inspiring and even motivating. This not only effected me at work it also help shed some light on other bleak areas of my personal life as well. I love to collect qoutes and since this book is choc full of them it helped to increase my collection. I would buy this book for any person that I know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Appreciation For Life, March 5 2001
By A Customer
Joan Lunden's book is very enjoyable. I read it in one seating. It is a collection of inspiring, humorous and life appreciating quotes from many different people including Joan Rivers to the Dali Lama. I found a rekindled appreciation of how great life can be after reading this book.
I highly recommend this book as well as these other great books:
Working On Yourself Doesn't Work written by Ariel & Shya Kane
Life Strategies written by Phil McGraw
Healing Society written by Dr. Seung-Heun Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Valuable insights on the human path, Oct. 3 2000
I stumbled across Wake-up Calls in the new Borders in town and was compelled to pick it up and skim through it. I was struck by the number of inspiring quotes as well as the heart-felt stories by this remarkable human being. This lady really walks her talk. Not only is a great gift book for friends and family on special occasions, but selfishly it is a piece of art to have handy when the clouds move in leaving us in momentary darkness, for this book certainly holds great light. Thanks!!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Me, Me, Me!, Feb. 28 2001
Unal Norman (Ankara, TURKEY) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars This book needs to be in the kindle store., March 31 2014
Laura Z (Kelowna, BC) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
There are a small handful of books books I already own that I would prefer as an ebook. This is one of them. I have reread this book a few times. It doesn't matter what income class or "privledged life" percieved, the examples can be extrapolated to your life. No one experiences the same experiences, but the ability to understand another's and learn from them, using empathy; that is the value of this book. That is why this book should be about her. In this book she places quotes that relate to her messages, and little lists or questions to get you thinking about your own life. I felt uplifted after reading this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars We all need a wake-up call, Jan. 18 2001
Lance (New York, New York) - See all my reviews
This is a great book, Thanks Joan,. I particularly like the passage by Brian Luke Seaward. THanks for including him in the book. Keep smiling, you are the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars We all need a wake-up call, Jan. 18 2001