biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on May 20, 2002
I was hoping to find some real concrete advise on getting my 7 mo old daughter to sleep, but it didn't pan out. The entire approach is based on examining and setting up routines, unfortunately, that was not part of our problem. I tried all of the methods outlined and my daughter is still in our bed for the bulk of the night. I will have to do the "cry it out" thing anyway, just with a lighter pocketbook!
on May 30, 2012
Love this book.. it is very helpful and full of awesome idea. Great to know you are not alone and there are some great options out there.
on September 30, 2002
A great book of ideas for getting your baby to sleep through the night without making him cry. Easy to understand and nicely written.
on May 28, 2002
Sound advice for desperate parents who are considering letting their baby cry it out because they have no other answers. The other answers are in this book, with helpful worksheets at the end. Calm, encouraging tone and clearly described how-tos will allow exhausted, vulnerable parents to take charge of their family direction again, without compromising their basic principles.
on June 5, 2014
Great book! Gives lots of ideas. Hopefully this will help with my daughters sleeping habits. Like the examples throughout the book.
on October 8, 2002
This book will be helpful to parents who can tolerate small bits of the "cry-it-out method" (Pantley offers a modified cry-it-out method), but it's not suitable for AP parents who believe that they need to respond to their babies' needs day or night. Nighttime Parenting by Dr. Sears offers a much more baby-friendly and parent-friendly program.
on December 8, 2002
This book was absolutely the most useless book ever. Basically the book tells you to get up with your child, nurse them back to sleep, and keep a log of when they get up during the night. I bought it expecting that I would find a "humane" and "unstressful" way to get my son to sleep. After reading the book and trying to follow what little suggestion was given. I was severely disappointed and still completely sleep deprived.
Not only did it not offer any solutions for getting my son to sleep, it only served to making me feel more guilty for even considering letting my son "cry it out". The whole first chapter is a diatribe on why parents are cruel if they let their child cry at all.
If you really want help your child sleep through night, try Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. It is a much more practical approach that actually works. I only wish we had purchased that book first and never wasted our money on this one.
on August 23, 2013
Our baby didn't respond to this method but its a good book. If you can't handle crying at all, this would be worth a try.
on March 2, 2014
It took forever to figure what exactly her solution was and did not agree with a lot of her practices. Everyone has there own way of dealing with sleep issues I guess , but not worth paying for this book just keep trying your own ideas your baby will eventually sleep through the night when he/she is ready.
on October 16, 2002
the book promises to get your baby to sleep through the night - eventually. Well, that might be true. The author has 4 children, but the problems she seemed to have with No. 4 are hard to believe. Did she REALLY not know that you should take your baby to bed when she is tired? Did she REALLY think it is necessary to breastfeed a 10 month old every 2!! hours? Well if you take your baby to bed far too late, if you have no routine and if you think feeding is the only way to make your baby quiet, maybe this is your book.
I am more flexible than that and think most of the ideas in that book would fit on about 3 pages.