march boutiques-francophones SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

on September 17, 2002
As a midwife I work with many parents of babies and sleep is almost always a major issue. This book has an outstanding section on newborn sleep that helps parents understand their baby and allows them to create reasonable expectations. Beyond the newborn stage it provides multiple ideas for helping a baby to sleep better without resorting to controlled crying, which is usually hard on parents and baby. This is an excellent book with scientifically sound advice and practical solutions.
on August 4, 2015
Easy to read. Sections separated depending if you have a baby 0-3 months or older. Take the ideas you like a run with it, disregard any you don't like.
on December 16, 2015
Good advices for gentle sleep training a baby. Probably you will realize you knew most part of the things the author of the book says trough the book.
on July 22, 2003
I think this book is wonderful philosophically, and I believe that her method has helped people, and it did not work for us. After trying for 3 months, I finally had to admit that my baby's sleep had not improved. I wrote this review because I want other parents to be willing to stop trying after a point if it does not work. The book is so incredibly well-regarded right now that I think it is hard to finally say "It doesn't work for us!". But it didn't.
on May 20, 2002
I was hoping to find some real concrete advise on getting my 7 mo old daughter to sleep, but it didn't pan out. The entire approach is based on examining and setting up routines, unfortunately, that was not part of our problem. I tried all of the methods outlined and my daughter is still in our bed for the bulk of the night. I will have to do the "cry it out" thing anyway, just with a lighter pocketbook!
on May 30, 2012
Love this book.. it is very helpful and full of awesome idea. Great to know you are not alone and there are some great options out there.
on September 30, 2002
A great book of ideas for getting your baby to sleep through the night without making him cry. Easy to understand and nicely written.
on May 28, 2002
Sound advice for desperate parents who are considering letting their baby cry it out because they have no other answers. The other answers are in this book, with helpful worksheets at the end. Calm, encouraging tone and clearly described how-tos will allow exhausted, vulnerable parents to take charge of their family direction again, without compromising their basic principles.
on June 5, 2014
Great book! Gives lots of ideas. Hopefully this will help with my daughters sleeping habits. Like the examples throughout the book.
on October 8, 2002
This book will be helpful to parents who can tolerate small bits of the "cry-it-out method" (Pantley offers a modified cry-it-out method), but it's not suitable for AP parents who believe that they need to respond to their babies' needs day or night. Nighttime Parenting by Dr. Sears offers a much more baby-friendly and parent-friendly program.