5.0 out of 5 stars One word...Excellent!!
Published on July 11 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but over written
This is a good book. Covers all the bases.
BUT it is over written and repeats itself too much.
In fairness, Mr Link does say he will repeat his material - he claims this aids the learning process. But, I personally find this a patronising statement, and I wish the book was more concise.
Published on April 28 2004

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One word...Excellent!!, July 11 2004
This review is from: High-Probability Trading (Hardcover)
I've read over 30 books on trading and this book ranks at the top with Dr. Elder's "Trading for a Living". I learned so much from it that I'm reading it for the second time so that I can commit the priciples to memory. It's not for the beginner, but if you've been trading for at least 1 year the book's knowledge will definitely hit home. It's written in a very easy-to-read style which makes it more enjoyable to read, especially for a topic that can be so dry and technical.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Advice, Nov. 15 2012
This review is from: High-Probability Trading (Hardcover)
I have been trading for many years now and have taken additional training but can always use more information that will improve my profitability. This book spends several chapters explaining the common pitfalls for untrained traders which are crucial to know if you want to be successful. The author is a day trader for the most part but his techniques can also be applied to us that trade in the intermediate or long term time frames. It is a good book for all levels of trader.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but over written, April 28 2004
This review is from: High-Probability Trading (Hardcover)
This is a good book. Covers all the bases.
BUT it is over written and repeats itself too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Money and risk management aid, March 12 2004
This review is from: High-Probability Trading (Hardcover)
This book won't teach you how to trade setups, but it's an excellent book on the "Holy Grail" of trading -- money management. A trader can be wrong 70% of the time and still make money if proper money management techniques are used. I place this book on par with Dave Landry on Swing Trading and Street Smarts as a smart read on managing money for profitable trading.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real World of Trading, Feb. 28 2004
This review is from: High-Probability Trading (Hardcover)
This book lays out the realities of trading; years (yes, years) until proficiency and profitablity, hard work and discipline are the minimum requirements, trading is a job, etc. Written in a positive tone, Link gives an outline of the steps to become successful, but doesn't suggest that there are any easy pickings in the markets. Of my 50+ trading books, only 4 were worth reading, and this is one of them. Start here.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one!, Feb. 20 2004
This review is from: High-Probability Trading (Hardcover)
At the risk of being repetitive, I'm going to have to give this book another stellar review. Like many others, I have read a hundred other trading books and this one stands heads above the rest. The author is obviously an active trader and is not ashamed to divulge his weaknesses, even current ones. He covers all of the necessary bases (psychology, money management, risk management, setups, tradeable markets, etc.) without being exessively wordy. He is one of the few traders who can actually write relatively well. He manages to explain arcane and complex trading concepts using understandable and economical word choices. The review structure at the end of each chapter is an excellent technique to enhance the learning process.
Yes, most of the information is more useful to the novice trader but one neeeds a basic comprehensive understanding of trading to get the most benefit. On the flipside, since it is so inclusive, the book could serve as an excellent refresher for the seasoned trader. That trader might even come across a concept long forgotten and be able to turn it into a profitable strategy.
HPT has become my primer. I come back to it every few months to review sections that I feel weak in. I recommend this book to everyone who asks me for that "one book" that can get them a head start in learning to trade.
Great job Mr. Link! I eagerly await your next contribution to the world of trading literature.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best trading book I ever read, Jan. 16 2004
This review is from: High-Probability Trading (Hardcover)
I had read tens if not over a hundred trading books (and written many reviews here on Amazon), This is by far the best I ever picked. It really helps!
The author had covered most of the topics that should be included in a compleat guide of trading (trading psychology, uaage of TA, money management, trading system development....). Some of his key points are:-
1. Top traders are essentially pro gamblers who only bet when the odds are in their favor.
2. Trading must be dealt focusedly as an entrepreneurial business with loss (must be relatively smaller than profit) taken emotionlessly as regular business cost.
3. Good money management is the common denominator of all successful traders irrespective of their style.
4. TA is bascially a trend/fact finding process to be searched through multiple time frames, verified with different indicators, and that TA can be applied on indicators as well (trendline in MACD, and CD between price and MACD)
I personally like the no nonsense and humorous writing of the author much. The summary and point form "do's and dont's" in the end of every chapter did help me to memorise what I had studied for long. His clever use of graphs in the TA tools section is really outstanding. Believe me or not, his use of less than 10 pages on the explanation of MACD is a lot more powerful than many TA books that used up over 100 pages on this single topic.
In short, it's a must read for any player who wants to improve his/her edge over the ocean of competitors in the market. My salute to the author who writes me this excellent book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Painful. Not worth $5 as ebook, Nov. 9 2010
Charles Santerre (Moncton, New Brunswick Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: High-Probability Trading (Hardcover)
Have you ever known someone that although intelligent will repeat the same point over and over again until it becomes annoying? Well this describes this book. It has a few good points in the first chapters and then goes in repeating mode. You can continue reading on until you lose any hope of finding any new content and then realize how much this book is really an instrument of torture. I gave up and now I am free. Next time I hope this author hires an editor. I am being kind.

5.0 out of 5 stars A RARE FIND, May 28 2004
This review is from: High-Probability Trading (Hardcover)
I've read a lot of books in my search for a clear concise explanation of market timing and system trading. This book is one of my top three favorites, it is packed with chapter after chapter of GOOD material, no fluff. No, you can't borrow it, get your own.... :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Agree with all above, Jan. 3 2004
This review is from: High-Probability Trading (Hardcover)
In any field once you start to understand it you can identify the book you wish you had when you started. For trading this is the book I wish I had when I started Agree with all the positive reviews which I suspect are genuine. (NB In general you can spot the many fake book reviews because they always mention the author by name and what a swell guy he is and his website/newsletter.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

High-Probability Trading
High-Probability Trading by Marcel Link (Hardcover - March 17 2003)
CDN$ 45.95 CDN$ 28.95