5.0 out of 5 stars One word...Excellent!!
I've read over 30 books on trading and this book ranks at the top with Dr. Elder's "Trading for a Living". I learned so much from it that I'm reading it for the second time so that I can commit the priciples to memory. It's not for the beginner, but if you've been trading for at least 1 year the book's knowledge will definitely hit home. It's written in a very...
Published on July 11 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but over written
This is a good book. Covers all the bases.
BUT it is over written and repeats itself too much.
In fairness, Mr Link does say he will repeat his material - he claims this aids the learning process. But, I personally find this a patronising statement, and I wish the book was more concise.
Published on April 28 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best trading books I've read, June 2 2003
Ce commentaire est de: High-Probability Trading (Hardcover)
I've been trading for 15 years and I read as many trading books as I can, and I found High Probability Trading to be one of the best yet. There is no bull or get rich quick trading system in this book, instead the Author lays out some simple but often over looked principles of how to become a better trade. For example he stresses that trading with trend has always been the way to go and one should not get to fancy by trading the counterwaves. Its a simple prinicple but one that I can forget about at times. This book was a great refresher and taught me a few things about my trading, i highly recommend it to any trader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best trading book I have ever read., June 26 2004
Dr P. OMathuna "the ghost" (iceland) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: High-Probability Trading (Hardcover)
Mr Link has written a book that will eventually be seen as a must read for aspiring traders.
I initially wanted to write a review after reading only the first chapter of this book. I immediately knew that I was on a winner. My opinion of the book did not change as I read on. I feel that the book is written for experienced traders. I would not have benefited from reading this book 4 years ago when I started trading. Reading his book I could see many of the mistakes that I have made and continue to make to this day.
I will read this book a second time. I will probably read it 3 times.
Well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best trading/psychology book so far for traders, April 27 2003
Ce commentaire est de: High-Probability Trading (Hardcover)
Glanced the book at a local bookstore, couldn't put it down. Plan to order the book through Amazon.com Thanks Mr. Link. One gem I learned from the book for day-traders/swing traders as to how to use ATR. Planning to check ATR before I chase any stocks. Well, I shouldn't be chasing it in the first place. That's the one single thing I'm unable to overcome consistently yet. This book has lot of gems in it for me to help to manage my weakness. This book will join the classic list of stock market books in my humble opinion. This book joined my personal top ten list already. Great one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading this book is a step in the right direction, April 21 2003
Marcel Link (New York) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: High-Probability Trading (Hardcover)
I may be biased, as I wrote the book, but I think it is a great read for anyone who is trading. As a floor trader and owner of a retail brokerage company, I was able to see what makes good traders good and what makes bad traders bad. I've outlined those differences in High Probability Trading as well as how a trader can stop making the mistakes that hurt him, while concentrating on the Money Trades. This book is an easy read and is full of funny antidotes from my trading experience. It was written to help all traders. From those just starting out to the most seasoned vet.

5.0 out of 5 stars very insightful and helpful, April 16 2003
"sallymorse2" (New York, New York United States) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: High-Probability Trading (Hardcover)
I read this book and found it to be quite easy to read and straight to the point. It really shows you how to overcome many of the hurdles that can get in a traders way. I enjoyed the author's personal stories. They gave a lot of color even to what would have been cold technical information.

5.0 out of 5 stars A+ BOOK, Jan. 5 2004
Ce commentaire est de: High-Probability Trading (Hardcover)
This book is a gem, it gives advice that is practical and usable, that will improve anyone`s trading performance. It covers all aspects of trading and does so in an easy to understand manner. Read this book before you spend big bucks on those more expensive books. You will be happy you did.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Time & Money, June 5 2004
Ce commentaire est de: High-Probability Trading (Hardcover)
Not an original thought is presented in the book.
You won't find any high probability proprietary trading examples that were developed by the author. There was not even one example where that author presented a trade setup which he proved that the trade won over 50% of the time.
All the trading advise presented in the book could be found for free on the internet. It is just reiteration of conventional trading maxim.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real 5 star, June 24 2004
Ce commentaire est de: High-Probability Trading (Hardcover)
What is in this book works if followed consistently, period. The topics and writing style are great from how to interpret news to using TA and understanding trading psychology. It has principles and ideas that WORK and if thats nothing new then your fooling yourself into believing there is some easy magical get rich quick system out there, no such luck. What is in this book are solid, proven time tested methods and ideas, well written and useful! One of the BEST of the many trading books i have ever read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Aug. 19 2014
Excellent book

5.0 out of 5 stars Best trading book in 25 I've read, April 24 2004
Gary E. Peterson (Minnesota USA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: High-Probability Trading (Hardcover)
I've read 25 books on trading in the past year. This includes most of the top recommendations from the market experts posted on Amazon. I wish I had read this one first. The rest of them would have made a lot more sense and my trading account would be a lot larger.

High-Probability Trading
High-Probability Trading by Marcel Link (Hardcover - April 7 2003)
CDN$ 45.95 CDN$ 28.95